What's new

Don't kow where to start for a receiver (1 Viewer)

Drew Salter

Agent
That's what I thought Jeff, but because it is going through a third party I have no way of gauging how they coculate their totals.

From this URL,
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...sp?dpno=291028
if you click on the "Buy Now" link, it takes you to a page with a link on the right for Canadian Customers, you click on that, and you get this nice little page that tells you the total including shipping et all.

So I'm guessing what happens is that eCost ships it to BorderFree and they ship it to me. That's why they tack on all that crap.

Oh well.

I'm still trying to get in touch with relatives in New York to see if I can get it shipped to them. We'll see how it goes.

Drew

Paul S

Stunt Coordinator
Do yourself a favor and go over to J&R Music world and check out the Panasonic SA-HE200. You will get all the bells and whistles you could want, 130 watts a channel times 6 all for $300.00. Panasonic offers the most bang for the buck you are going to find. Incidentally, they are highly reliable units. There are no gimmicks, the receiver is honestly rated. I don't know of anyone who has tried this unit to be disappointed.

Drew Salter

Agent
It's good to have friends globally. :D

I got the HK AVR 325 yesterday. Had it shipped to a friend of my parents in New York and they drove it accross the border declared as a "gift".

Total cost... $573 CDN.

Now I begin the task of learning about cables and HTPC... both more confounding than this.

Fun fun.

Wow this thing has a lot of inputs...

Thanks to you all for your help, especially Jeff, your input was invaluable.

Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks