1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolby Digital Headphones?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Hughes, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    I'm looking to buy some sort of surround sound headphones. I did a search but I did not find much.

Any reccomendations? I would probably need a good 10 feet of wire.

I don't even know how they work. Do you hook them up to the receiver or the DVD player itself? Do I need any other type of add-ons, etc?

Also, where is a good place to buy them? I don't think places like Best Buy carry these.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

2. Andrew_Cramlet

According to dolby's website ANY headphones can be surround sound headphones. It's all in the signal. If you're not talking about that, then I got nothing.

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    what's your price range? i have a pair of Sennheiser HD-580's that work marvelously on both music and movies. all you need for 'Dolby Headphone' is a decent set of cans and a decoder that will do Dolby Headphone. www.headwize.com will have more info than you can handle!
    FWIW, i just listen to movies in stereo. (when using headphones, of course [​IMG])