1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolby Digital Headphones?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Hughes, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    I'm looking to buy some sort of surround sound headphones. I did a search but I did not find much.

Any reccomendations? I would probably need a good 10 feet of wire.

I don't even know how they work. Do you hook them up to the receiver or the DVD player itself? Do I need any other type of add-ons, etc?

Also, where is a good place to buy them? I don't think places like Best Buy carry these.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

2. Andrew_Cramlet

According to dolby's website ANY headphones can be surround sound headphones. It's all in the signal. If you're not talking about that, then I got nothing.

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    what's your price range? i have a pair of Sennheiser HD-580's that work marvelously on both music and movies. all you need for 'Dolby Headphone' is a decent set of cans and a decoder that will do Dolby Headphone. www.headwize.com will have more info than you can handle!
    FWIW, i just listen to movies in stereo. (when using headphones, of course [​IMG])