What's new

Dolby Digital Directv (1 Viewer)

Roger M

Auditioning
Hi:
I have upgraded to a RCA DRD480RE mainly to receive Dolby digital pay per view on direct TV.
When viewing DD the sound keeps cutting out. I am using the opti cable only. I have called both RCA
(Thomson) and directv. Directv said they are not having a problem. RCA sent me a new receiver. It has the same problem. I have it connected to a new pioneer DD receiver. Has anyone had this problem. Do you think it might be my sat dish. It is one of the first to come out. I can unplug the fiber cable when it is cutting
in and out of DD. The light gets dimmer when the DD signal is present so I do not think it is the Pioneer. It is cutting out before.
Please help.
Thanks
Roger

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Roger,
I think Directv has acknowledged that there is a problem with some of their Dolby Digital broadcasts. I don't think it's your receiver, you're not the only one having the problem. Do some searches on Dolby digital + directv you may turn up some stuff.
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks