What's new

Does your city have high-def cable yet? (1 Viewer)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
If so, please list your city, cable company, and when you were first aware of their high-def cable service. I called Time Warner Cable in Jackson, MS and they have no ETA on high-def cable here. Seeing some cities and commencement dates of high-def cable service in other cities would give me a better idea of what to expect (not really holding my breath though. We just got cable modem last year).

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
If your TWC has Digital Cable (and it should if you have cable modems), Warner tentatively plans to have HD up by the end of 2001.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Orlando does along with about a least a dozen other Time Warner markets so far..As Michael said, all TWC markets currently with digital cable will have HD by years end...
------------------

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
That's encouraging. So word on the street is that TWC will have HD in all of their markets by the end of the year? If so that's awesome!
Do y'all know what their HD channel lineup will be? Will they carry local networks in HD? Or HBO and Showtime? What's not so encouraging is that most of the local stations in town have end of 2002 as their ETA for high-def broadcasting
furious.gif

Mike I

Supporting Actor
If you currently have digital cable, they will have HD by end of year..They carry showtime HD and HBO hd...They will carry your local HD channels when available..They do not carry for example CBS's Network HD feed..That has to come thru your local affiliates...
------------------

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
We have TWC HD here in Kansas City. I have one of 45 Scientific Atlanta 2000HD boxes in the metro area. We have PBS HD, HBO HD, and 2 Showtime HD channels. No word as of right now when the networks will come on line.
Matt

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
Matt,
the networks probably will not "come online" for several years. it has been ruled that the "Must Carry" rules don't apply to a new format, just to the content. the cable companies only have to carry one format (analog) or the other (digital). with most of their customers using analog sets, the cable providers are choosing to carry the analog signal. OTA will be the only way to go for a while.

Levi Akers

Auditioning
Mike I,
I am a bit confused about your post
confused.gif
. You say that they Local HD channels but they don't carry the HD Network feeds (CBS). If my local CBS affiliate is showing a CBS HD program I won't get it in HD? I guess could you please explain a little more what you mean by "local HD channels" and "HD Network feeds"?
Thanks
Levi

Mike I

Supporting Actor
If your local CBS affialiate is broadcasting the digital HD feed from CBS, TWC will carry it, but if your local affiliate's digital channel is not up, TWC does not carry the HD network feed direct from CBS...The feed has to come thru the local affiliate...
------------------

Petteri

Grip
I've been told be Time Warner Cable here in San Diego, that they will begin testing this year and perhaps NEXT year roll out their HD service. Anyone else have more info?
Petter Leone
San Diego, CA USA

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Mike:
What STB's do people use for TW/HD ? On LI, Cablevision's HD feed is coming through, but the word is a sony stb (w/firewire-5c) will be needed by years end.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
John.... TWC supplies the Scientific Atlanta SD2000HD with component or RGB out....
------------------

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
any word on AT&T broadband cable offering HDTV service?
------------------
zaphod
end of transmission...

Eric Shasteen

Auditioning
I got hooked up with Time Warner digital cable about a month ago, I was surprised to find out that 2 HBO's and 2 SHOWTIME's are offered in HD. I live in Salem, OH - a small town of about 12,000, so I was extremely surprised/delighted to find out it was available. I am currently in the market for a digital TV, so I haven't got to enjoy it yet.

Levi Akers

Auditioning
Got it Mike... So everyone down the chain has to be providing the HD signal from Network -> Local Affiliate -> Cable Provider -> My TV :D
Thanks for clarifying...
I can't wait till TWC in Tampa starts broadcasting in HD... :)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Tampa doesn't have it, but Salem, OH does?!?! Time Warner... you bunch of screwups. Maybe I need to pull an Andy Dufrane and mail-bomb them until they submit to my HD cravings.

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
We have HD TWC service here however the waiting list on boxes is a few months so it is pointless.

Bob_Wilson

Agent
Matt
I just got the TWC digital box here in Riverside just north of the river, but they tell me that the HD box will take about eight weeks because of the unexpected demand for them. I am not happy with the reception on some channels, but how is the high definition?
------------------
Bob Wilson
Check out my web site Link Removed

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I'm on AT&T Broadband cable... I'm still using analog cable simply because their digital packages are costly and their programming structure sucks, IMO.
If they began offering an HD feed anytime soon, that might change everything.
Scott.
------------------
Scott's DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks