What's new

Home Theater United Podcast Episode 16: Special Guest Justin Sluss of High Def Disc News (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
And that specific topic was agreed to be outside our discussion for competitive reasons. He does something almost nobody else can do and he’s protective of his process and aware of its limits (like not doing HDR).
Ah. I literally thought screenshots were commonplace. People post lots of pixel-peeping screengrabs from discs. No idea it was something unique for a just a few sites.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
But even this is misleading, right? Isn't it shifting aspect ratios?
I’m utterly bewildered by the DCU films. I have no idea what’s going on with the Snyder films and what’s what between Batman and Batman vs superman and snydercut and ...

I quit with Man of Steel and only watch Wonder Woman in DCU. :)

And I stopped my HBOmax sub, so won’t be watching this anytime soon.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
But even this is misleading, right? Isn't it shifting aspect ratios?

No, it is a constant 1.33:1. Snyder shot on 35mm film with the idea that IMAX locations would be able to play the full height, and that conventional theaters would show it at 1.85:1. When HBO Max gave him the chance to finish his version, he decided to do so using the full height of the image.

It’s “Batman V Superman” which has shifting ratios.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No, it is a constant 1.33:1. Snyder shot on 35mm film with the idea that IMAX locations would be able to play the full height, and that conventional theaters would show it at 1.85:1. When HBO Max gave him the chance to finish his version, he decided to do so using the full height of the image.

That's what confused me: the podcast discussion talked about BvS and JL interchangeably, as if they were the same movie.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs

OMG see I'm getting so confused! You're right. My mistake. So will we get the Snyder cut on blu-ray?

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs

"Information on Blu-ray.com confirms the discs will support High Dynamic Range of HDR10 along with Dolby Atmos and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 sound. Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision support for Zack Snyder's Justice League will also be available on HBO Max. Furthermore, just like HBO Max, the Blu-ray version of the film will be available in the same 1:33:1 aspect ratio."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Strubdog