What's new

Does the XBOX use Dolby Digital during games? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
My friend jsut got his new XBOX, and I notice that all the games say Dolby Digital on them. Does this mean that DD is used during the game, or only in the demos? If it's used while playing, I MUST have it, or is that too good to be true? Sorry, I am new to the video gaming thing, I just use my HT system for HT and music.

Chip E

Screenwriter
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean that DD is used during the game?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full blown :)
- Chip

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Kyle, in case it wasn't clear from the above posts, the answer to your question is an enthusiastic YES!! :) But to pass the Dolby Digital signal, you will need to buy either the Advanced A/V pack ($15, which also comes with an S-video cable) or the Hi-Def pack ($20, which also comes with component cables), and a digital optical audio cable if you don't already have one. Just so you know.
And yes, like everyone said, it is SO worth it! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan B

Screenwriter
Halo has replaced Twisted Metal Black as the best sounding game I have ever played.

-Dan B.

Leroy

Second Unit
I just love it when that orchestral soundtrack kicks in when something is about to happen...Da Da Da Daaaa, Da Da Da Daaaa....BLAM!!!!:emoji_thumbsup:
It's especially creepy when your in the ship and it's quiet, then you hear something to the right...behind you!:eek:

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else wish for a little more center channel useage? Especially in Halo.

Kip

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks