Does RP91 have video/audio bit rate displays?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carlo Medina, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Hi All,
    I'm auditioning an RP91 and love the video quality of it. But one thing I miss from my old Sony player is the video bit rate and audio bit rate displays. I cannot find these in the Panasonic instruction booklet or onscreen. Am I missing something or does the Panasonic just not have those features?
    It's weird that it also doesn't have a time remaining function either, for chapter or title. Nothing major in these omissions, but they were something I thought would almost be standard issue with players nowadays.
    Thanks!
    ------------------
    My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

2. DanG

DanG Stunt Coordinator

3. Carlo Medina

Ironic that I was just on that page. But I think the time remaining applies only to DVD-A and CDs. It doesn't work for DVDs.
    ------------------
    My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

4. DanG

DanG Stunt Coordinator

5. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

6. DanG

DanG Stunt Coordinator

7. Carlo Medina

So has anyone figured out how to get the audio bit rate? It says something like that is possible in the manual but I can't figure out how to get it to display.
    I agree with Rob. There's a lot of info there in the manual but it's not presented in a clear, concise manner.
    In my experience, my Sony players have come with some of the better manuals I've read. Layout isn't cluttered, indexed, lots of pictures/diagrams.
    ------------------

8. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

9. DanG

DanG Stunt Coordinator

10. Carlo Medina

Thanks Dan,
    The Sony may have two up on the Panny. It has a feature that makes the player choose the highest # of channels soundtrack as default (i.e. will start playing the 5.1 automatically, if that track is available).
    I have been scouring the manual for this feature but alas I don't think the RP91 does it.
    Oh well, I'll just have to settle for superior picture instead of bells and whistles. At this price (I paid sub $500) I don't think I can complain. If I really wanted the best of both worlds I'd buy the 9000ES with some sort of scaler for 4:3 material. [​IMG]
    ------------------