What's new

Does DA5ES have 12V Trigger? (1 Viewer)

NickSP

Supporting Actor
I am getting a good deal on the 5ES but I want to make sure if it has a 12V trigger out. Can you some of the other controls on the back to remotely start other equipment?
Also, can I use a cheater plug to connect my amps directly to the DA5ES to turn my amps on/off?

Gil D

Supporting Actor
No Trigger.

Buy a wal wart (transformer) with 12V DC output and plug into one of the switched AC outlets on the back. Buy the correct plug from Rat Shack and replace the end on the walwart cable with the new plug. Just make sure you get positive 12V on the right plug contact.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Brett, can I use a cheater plug to connect my amps directly to the DA5ES to turn my amps on/off? My amps do not have a trigger in but I am using a Niles power supply whose 12V trigger input is connected to the 12V trigger output of the 4ES.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Don not connect the amps to the 5ES period. The plugs on the back of the 5ES are not meant to take anything that draws more than one amp.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Thanks Juan for that Heads up. I thought the same after reading the 4ES manual.
Brett, can you elaborate more on how I can use the Walmart/Radioshack concoction?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks