What's new

Does Blockbuster still offer the games freedom pass? (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Over the summer I kept seeing ads for the games freedom pass(19.99 and you could rent either 1 or 2 games at a time with unlimited rentals for a 30 day period). At the time, there wasn't much out there for the cube or PS2 that really looked interesting to me. Now that I've been at school for 4 months and not really rented many games, there's a ton I want to try. In addition I may be borrowing my brothers XBox for a few days so I'd like to rent and finish Halo again. At any rate, does blockbuster still offer this or something comparable or has it been done away with. Thanks for any info.

AaronArmstrong

Stunt Coordinator
At least in my neck of the woods (Cleveland, OH)
it was discontinued after the summer.
It was a great deal and I am bummed that it is gone.
Blockbuster is missing out in my opinion. They got more
$ from me over the summer than they have in the past 3 years combined. I don't like renting movies (I buy whatever
DVD's I wanna watch) and I was really picky about what games I would rent for 5.99 for 3 days. So they rarely got my business, however with the freedom pass I did it every month it was available. It was great, rent a game take it home, if it sucks I'd be back the same day or the next.

Also, it seems to me why offer it in the summer when kids are off from school and bored to tears. Seems like the parents would still be renting at full price to keep them occupied. Wouldn't the school months be the better time to offer the freedom pass? An extra incentive to rent?
Maybe it's just me.

Aaron Armstong

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I rented for one month and had gone through all the games I wanted to try in about 3 weeks so I didn't do it for a second month. They are pathetic when it comes to getting new titles in close to release.

Eric, that is one kick ass gamertag.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Ok thanks for the info folks. i noticed they have been advertising one for 24.99 that includes rentals of DVDs/VHS/and games. i might look into it especially since I'm suprising my parents with a DVD player this christmas(I can't believe I haven't bought one for them before this!) so they might wanna use it to rent some movies. Anyhow, thanks for the info.
Now that I'm officially done for the semester, time to kick back and relax :D

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Went to blockbuster yesterday and ended up renting Bounty Hunter, Dead To Rights, and Time Splitters 2 for the Cube. Sadly they didn't have Rygar yet. Anyhow, they do offer a game rental pass. It's 17.99 for a month but you can only take out ONE game at a time. Other than the price and the one game limitation it sounds just like the one from the summer. Not sure if it's a regional thing or not though.

mourad

Grip
Hollywood Videos has a $19.99 monthly subscription where you can rent anything in the store (dvds, games, vhs, ...). Limitation is maximum of 2 at a time. Requires credit card and is renewable unless you cancel in advance.

I've been using it for the last 2 months and it's great. Selection of games is worse than Blockbuster's but at least I have the option to pick up a movie if there is no game that intersts me.

This is occuring in the Atlanta region. I'm not sure whether it's national.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks