What's new
World Wide Stereo

Does anyone use a "buttkicker 2" to add to the bass from their sub? (1 Viewer)

I was wandering if anyone has a "buttkicker 2" in their home theatre cause i was looking at purchasing one to put in my couch to add to the feel of the subwoofer. I am wandering if anyone has good or bad things to say about them? or if their worth the money?

Thanks
Kris

here's what their website has to say:

The ButtKicker® Shaker
The ButtKicker Shaker utilizes a patented magnetic suspension which is different from any other speaker or shaker and can be used couches, theater seating, platforms, and any type of structure. The ButtKicker accurately reproduce the "feeling" range of many natural and man-made sounds, such as earthquakes, thunderstorms, rocket launches, waves, explosions, tornadoes, volcanoes, dinosaurs, sound effects and all styles of music.

Different from other shakers or tactile transducers that use voice coil technology, the ButtKicker is much more powerful, more musical (linear) and offer true infrasonic or low frequency response with their resonant frequency of 9 Hz and range of 5 - 200 Hz.

One ButtKicker Shaker will easily replace 2 - 4 or more of the other types of shakers previously available, and perhaps more importantly; it is virtually indestructible and maintenance free. The ButtKicker Shaker is used in: Theme park attractions; Specialty theaters; Simulators; Virtual reality machines; Arcade and amusement rides/games; Custom Home theaters; Musician monitor systems.

If you are looking to delight and electrify yourself and others with an affordable and easy to use solution, now is the time to incorporate the ButtKicker into your design.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I have 2 mounted beneath my livingroom floor powered by their amp. I think they're great. I run them at moderate levels, so it's almost impossible to tell where my SVS leaves off and the sofa-shuddering power of the BK2s blends in.
I even leave them on with music playing sometimes. They remain dormant for most tracks, but a recording of a kick drum never seemed so real...

John H

Second Unit
I have been using tactile transducers in my bedroom based system for over six years.

For the last few years I have been using 4 platform mounted 'original' Buttkickers driven by 2 bridged Crown K2 amplifiers. A 20Hz 24dB per octave lowpass filter is used on their signal.
They are used in conjunction with a pair of Velodyne HGS-18 subwoofers.

I have experience with RBH (high performance Aura's), Clark Synthesis 329F and Platinum models. When it comes to low frequency extension and output the Buttkicker has no peers. I highly recommend them.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks