Do You Believe In Miracles?? (no Blockbuster/Walmart are not encouraging widescreen)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MatS, Jan 8, 2002.

1. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

Do You Believe in Miracles? The Story of the 1980 U.S. Hockey Team from HBO films out today on dvd. Please post reviews if you have em.

2. RobertSing

RobertSing Agent

I enjoyed the HBO doc. very much - even teared up towards the end. Only minor complaint is it didn't show much game action beyond the scoring plays. I guess the story around the team/political situation was the big thing and not the actual on-ice stuff. Great interviews with all the principals. Worth the purchase, in my opinion.

3. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

still looking for more reviews if anyone has picked this up since. I know the release is not widescreen, 5.1 DD, and only runs 60 mins but since I don't think we will be getting any of the above ever is it still worth a purchase?

I've seen it as low as $14.99 at Target recently

ps. I too would have loved to have the whole game on this disc. I understand ESPN Classics is showing the game this Wed.

pps. any chance we will see a disc of only the mens olympic hockey action from this years games?

4. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

guess no one owns this....

oh well the game is actually on ESPN Classics as I type

US Wins