DIY midQ tempest FINALLY done

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by zane, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. zane

    zane Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2002
    Messages:
    104
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    well after adire sent me anoter ava250 amp after a defective first amp my tempest is done and its damn awesome, one question what do you guys set the sub out cutoff frequency on you receiver at, my sony es is defaulted at 120hz, also i gotta say the 4" wood feet at lowe's work pretty damn good
     
  2. Chris Carswell

    Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2002
    Messages:
    598
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Damn glad you like it!
    When you gonna post some damn pics? [​IMG]

    I'm just razzin ya a little Zane :)
     
  3. Andrus_R

    Andrus_R Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2002
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Good going zane.[​IMG]

    Of all the people, I'm the one going around saying people it's not hard to build it yet I'm the one who haven't even started yet :p

    I just can't come up with right joint for the MDF[​IMG] . At first i was gonna butt joint it sealed but now i got two 3" ports sitting in my room and shop teacher just taught me how to make dowel(more professional) and mitre(easy) joints....
     
  4. Hank Frankenberg

    Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 1998
    Messages:
    2,573
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Damn good for you, Zane!
     
  5. Jeremy Stockwell

    Jeremy Stockwell Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2001
    Messages:
    608
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Here is a damn picture.

    Oops! I mean dam picture.

    JKS
     
  6. zane

    zane Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2002
    Messages:
    104
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    andrus I just used a table saw to cut the pieces and used wood glue on all edges and finishing nails to temporary hold the pieces and then I used dowels to get a good hold on the wood
     

Share This Page