What's new

Disney Treasures - Info (1 Viewer)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

My POV, exactly. I ain't the biggest Disney fan in the world (more into anime), but these shorts are so historically important that this set is worth having, for me. Also, to my knowledge, I've seen very few of these. So I'm looking forward to diving in to this set!

Antony_VE

Grip
The silly ones don't look like typical disney, there are heaps of different styles and characters.

Why is Men in black so expensive, there are many here you can buy

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
No, no; I meant Mint In Box. As in: mint condition, in the tin Silly Symphonies. Nothing to do with Men in Black :) .

Ryan FB

Second Unit
I emailed them and they had some left. Email and ask. But maybe they ran out who knows.
Just an update, I e-mailed them today, and they said they are completely out of stock :frowning:.
I'll probably end up getting it off eBay eventually, but not until I'm certain I've exhausted every possibility that I can get it for

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just back from Orlando. I managed to get the MM in B&W, Behind the Scenes, and Complete Goofy from the Disney Store at the Florida Mall for $23 each. They still had a good number of those left. (Now I need to cancel my dvdsoon order, which I doubt is going to get filled anyway.)

At a store at Disney-MGM - they had two copies of MM in Living Color and so I got one of those, but that was the $33 full price. (Checking my email from the week I have a "still looking" from buy.com for this, so it looks like my order for that probably isn't filled and I will cancel it when I get a chance.)

At the relatively new toy store in Downtown Disney they had quite a few copies of MM in Living Color and Silly Symphonies for full price, but all copies had dents in the tins. They also had some Davy Crocketts and Behind the Scenes and Disneyland USA.

Neil

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
I've just ordered MM in B&W, MM in Living Colour and The Complete Goofy from Amazon, but the Silly Symphonies is nowhere to be found.
:frowning:

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
'cept on eBay! :D
Like I said, I'm glad I "took the hit;" It was $45, shipped. Get over there and get one while they're still relatively reasonable! ;)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Yeah, I know, but I have a great dislike for eBay.
Would you rather buy from eBay or from one of those Amazon zShops sellers?
I know many of them are also eBay regulars, but... Amazon seems to protect you from any possible fraud or unsatisfaction.
With prices being on the same range, what would you recommend?
(and please, take into account that this little, fragile tin can would have to travel all the way to Spain where I live)
:frowning:

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Personally, I've never (knock on wood) had a problem with eBay. Alas, I don't know about Amazon zShops. I guess whatever you trust the most.

As far as the tin, I got mine a little cheaper because it had a few dings in it; nothing major. I'm not real into the packaging ("the play is the thing"), and if your not either, the tin will certainly protect the DVDs inside. It's actually pretty sturdy.

What DVD region encoding is Spain?

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Thank you all for your replies.
I'll try at bestBuy, but as for LaserEdge, as someone pointed out before in this thread, they have just run out of supply.
As for Spain's Regional Code, it is R2 along with most of Europe and Japan, though I've got my Pioneer DV-747 (I think it's called Elite 47 or something like that over there in the States) modified for free-zone playing.
;)

What would a good price be for all 7 titles?

There's an auction on Ebay that's currently going for about $300 after shipping. That's around $43 a title. Wouldn't it be cheaper to try buying them individually at local stores and on Ebay as individuals.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
I think it would be, yes. I'm relatively certain you can still find the Davy Crocket and Disneyland discs for retail price, and it sounds as though all the others (except the Silly Symphonies, of course) are out there as well if you look a little. So that auction sounds like it's for those with money to burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks