What's new

Disney no longer providing the dts option? (1 Viewer)

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Other than Universal, Disney was one of the bigest dts supporters last year (they even provided it on their direct to DVD movies). I have noticed that dts has been missing on their more recent titles and even major titles such as Monsters Inc. does not have it listed.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Snow Dogs had dts surround but it was a cropped open-matte presentation.

Pulp Fiction - Collector's Edition Series & Jackie Brown - Collector's Edition Series will have the dts surround option according to the press information.

And I'm sure that dts audio might be included with the release of Lilo and Stitch.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Snow Dogs had dts surround but it was a cropped open-matte presentation.
I don't think Snow Dogs was Soft Matte because, from what I saw on the first 5 minutes of it on PPV (directv lets you see the first 5 minutes for free)the picture looked a little tight like it was pan and scanned. If it was matted, it would look even worse. I believe Snow Dogs was filmed in a 1.85:1 aspect ratio, then PAN AND SCANNED for video.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Well, The Royal Tenenbaums has DTS, but Amelie did not, which is disappointing considering the rest of the world does.

Also, none of the Pixar films had DTS, possibly because of their connection with THX/Lucasfilm.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Also, none of the Pixar films had DTS, possibly because of their connection with THX/Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm have NOTHING against DTS. Really, this assumption has to stop going around... To go as far as to say Pixar's DVDs didn't carry DTS possibly because of the companies ties with Lucasfilm is insanity. There was a Toy Story DTS LD for one thing...

Dan

Daniel Schenk

Stunt Coordinator
According to Amazon.de the upcoming Special Edition of A Bug`s Life (Code 2) will have German DTS. I do hope this is true!

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...ahh... Woody Allen speaking dts-enhanced geschmacksneutrales Bühnendeutsch - I can hardly wait... NOT ! ...
(...sorry!... couldn't resist...)
. . . :angry: . .

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
...ahh... Woody Allen speaking dts-enhanced geschmacksneutrales Bühnendeutsch - I can hardly wait... NOT ! ...
Woody Allen never starred in A Bug's Life. That would be Dave Foley. If you want to hear Allen in dts, Antz is available in a dts DVD release.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...oops ! - my bad... got my bugs and my antz mixed up
- - - too much Château Migraine I suppose...
. . . :D . . .

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The lack of DTS tracks on Pixar DVDs probably has more to do with lack of audio space on the DVD than anything else.

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure it's just a space issue. As the discs get crammed with trailers and games, there isn't a lot of room left for DTS audio.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Germany is indeed getting dts on the Monster's Inc. dvd but the fact that the track is German is realy bad.
I would have loved to have Monster's Inc in dts just like many others of you.
Buena Vista isn't supporting dts to much on their dvd's which is bad because usually they have good titles.
But I think titles like Bad Company , Lilo & Stitch , Signs and Reign Of Fire will have dts , at least I hope so :D
Greetz

Gerhard

Stunt Coordinator
The swedish 2-disc deluxe version of Monsters Inc.(R2) will have an english DTS audio track :)

DanR

Supporting Actor
As long as the rumored re-release of Crimson Tide has DTS, I'll be a happy camper.

Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks