What's new

Disney Movie Club Card issues Help (1 Viewer)

Bryan609

Auditioning
Real Name
Laila Stevenson
So I recently just joined the disney movie club using a prepaid card (ya I know, dumb, right?). So when I found out about the membership agreement, I started to flip. I barely had any funds on my prepaid card and thought there was a catch when I got to get 5 movies for a $1 but I still did it anyways. Then I started to see reviews about the awful things Disney Movie Club does which made me feel even worse. So my questions for you experts out there is that is there a way to cancel all of this without having to pay for all five movies or buying three at regular price by like returning them or something? Also, will this effect me somehow in the future, but I think not since I used a prepaid card and they don’t know who i am (or do they have a way of finding out who I am)? What will happen if I don’t pay the bills they send (since I’m using a prepaid card)? Will this eventually go away even if I don’t pay (which I probably will still pay if I have to)? Thanks.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
So I recently just joined the disney movie club using a prepaid card (ya I know, dumb, right?). So when I found out about the membership agreement, I started to flip. I barely had any funds on my prepaid card and thought there was a catch when I got to get 5 movies for a $1 but I still did it anyways. Then I started to see reviews about the awful things Disney Movie Club does which made me feel even worse. So my questions for you experts out there is that is there a way to cancel all of this without having to pay for all five movies or buying three at regular price by like returning them or something? Also, will this effect me somehow in the future, but I think not since I used a prepaid card and they don’t know who i am (or do they have a way of finding out who I am)? What will happen if I don’t pay the bills they send (since I’m using a prepaid card)? Will this eventually go away even if I don’t pay (which I probably will still pay if I have to)? Thanks.

If the order hasn't processed yet you can contact them and cancel the order immediately -- usually I find 3-5 days with 1st time enrollments. If the order has processed/shipped then there is a 10 days "If you are not completely satisfied with your introductory titles, simply return them within 10 days of receipt along with written notice informing us that you want to cancel your membership. We will refund any money you might have sent, including shipping and processing costs, as part of our no-risk guarantee."

I'm not sure, but I think you'd probably have to pay the return shipments. I don't think DMC holds it against the customer if they change their mind during the prescribed period and follows the opt-out procedure. Not fulfilling the requirements and keeping the original 5 items is a very different issue and DMC tends to have a long memory of customers that defaulted. I'm not sure there's a whole lot they can do internationally if your prepaid card is empty other than permanently banning you.

What awful things have you read that DMC does. I've read a lot of reviews and issues and nearly 100% of the issues I've seen reported about DMC are user-error due to customers not understanding what they signed up for.

I've been a member on and off for 15 years and can only remember one time they sent a movie that I certainly declined and they took care of that at their cost. Twice I forgot to decline the monthly title -- one I ended up keeping since I was going to get it anyway, the other I returned for a couple dollars. I think twice they sent a wrong item and took care of that immediately and let me keep the unordered item.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Been a member for about three years without any problems. I am diligent about declining selections, logging in and checking to make sure my orders are completed without an issue. The one time I had to call to reset my password, the cast member was super helpful.

Like David, I'm curious: what bad things have you heard?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
What awful things have you read that DMC does. I've read a lot of reviews and issues and nearly 100% of the issues I've seen reported about DMC are user-error due to customers not understanding what they signed up for.

There really isn’t any awful things to report.
It’s usually user error for sure.

I’ve been a member for years off and on and it works as advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks