Dish PVR vs Replay TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Parsons, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Matt Parsons

Matt Parsons Stunt Coordinator

I'm leaning towards a Showstopper so I can use it w/all my channels including my basic cable (for NFL on FOX and CBS) but I'm curious about the recording quality, picture & sound, between the two. Has anyone compared/owned them both?

I'm currently a Dish customer so it would cost me $199 + $5/mo for the PVR as opposed to around $275 + $0/mo for the 30hr Showstopper.

Thanks

2. Scott Littlefield

Scott Littlefield Stunt Coordinator

Matt,
    I noticed you didn't include Tivo as an option. I strongly suggest you look into it....
    More info can be found at the AVS TiVo Forum.
    -Scott

3. Matt Parsons

Well David I hope I'm as happy as you are since I bought TWO today, spur of the moment!:b
    I stopped into BB and they had 2 floor models, a HS1000 - 20hr and a HS2000 - 30 hr. (The 30 hr one is on sale at Sears for $299 after rebate) they had none of the extras they are suppose to have including the remotes, but I think I got a good deal anyway. They were marked down to $149 and $159. I got the HS1000 for $85 AND the HS2000 for $87 (too bad they don't qualify for the extra $100 rebate!). I called Panny and I can get a remote that will work both units for $51 and I picked up a 4yr service agreement for $59, so for $320 total with tax I got 2 Showstoppers, 50 hrs of recording, Panny's full warranty, and a 4yr service agreement.[​IMG]
    Any naysayers, please don't burst my bubble and tell me I screwed up....
    Thanks David.

4. Matt Parsons

David,
    Great minds think alike, if I had the boxes I would have taken a shot.
    By the way I've since found a guy on eBay selling the remotes new. He sold me 2 x $27 + $5 shipping, so for $59.00 I got a remote for both units.[​IMG] , but thanks for the Radio Shack advise anyway. Happy Holidays!
    Matt