What's new

Dish PVR vs Replay TV (1 Viewer)

Matt Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
I'm leaning towards a Showstopper so I can use it w/all my channels including my basic cable (for NFL on FOX and CBS) but I'm curious about the recording quality, picture & sound, between the two. Has anyone compared/owned them both?

I'm currently a Dish customer so it would cost me $199 + $5/mo for the PVR as opposed to around $275 + $0/mo for the 30hr Showstopper.

Thanks

Matt Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
Well David I hope I'm as happy as you are since I bought TWO today, spur of the moment!:b
I stopped into BB and they had 2 floor models, a HS1000 - 20hr and a HS2000 - 30 hr. (The 30 hr one is on sale at Sears for $299 after rebate) they had none of the extras they are suppose to have including the remotes, but I think I got a good deal anyway. They were marked down to $149 and $159. I got the HS1000 for $85 AND the HS2000 for $87 (too bad they don't qualify for the extra $100 rebate!). I called Panny and I can get a remote that will work both units for $51 and I picked up a 4yr service agreement for $59, so for $320 total with tax I got 2 Showstoppers, 50 hrs of recording, Panny's full warranty, and a 4yr service agreement.:D
Any naysayers, please don't burst my bubble and tell me I screwed up....
Thanks David.

Matt Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
David,
Great minds think alike, if I had the boxes I would have taken a shot.
By the way I've since found a guy on eBay selling the remotes new. He sold me 2 x $27 + $5 shipping, so for $59.00 I got a remote for both units.:D , but thanks for the Radio Shack advise anyway. Happy Holidays!
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks