What's new

Dish picture breaking up question (1 Viewer)

David Benkert

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
For the last week or so, my Dish picture breaks up every once in a while. It pauses and pixelates a little and then comes back. It only seems to happen when somethign I really want to see is on :)
I have checked signal strength and it is about 83.
Does this seem like a low signal strength?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
What was your signal strength before this trouble began? Mine is normally in the 100-105 range. I say this because it is quite possible that now that the leaves are on the trees that you are losing some signal strength and this might be the source of your problem.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
David, I don't know about your signal strength( mine 93-97) but I had similar situation last year. Although mine only happened with my center ice package on direct tv. I had a quick picture freeze very intermittently. Thru directs advise, I had my rca receiver sent in, then replaced al my cables, connections,and phone lines(associated with dtv) and still no luck. I was told by one dtv help person about replacing my access card. Well since I did that, I have had no other problems.
Good luck and I hope it will be simpler than my past experience.
And I think system resets are for the birds!:angry:

David Benkert

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I haven't been able to adjust my dish to try and improve the signal, but my wife and I did some tests.

This only appears to happen on local channels. When we watch the same local channel on different receivers, it breaks up at the same time. When we watch different local channels, they break up at the same time. However, when she was watching CBS and I was watching TBS, she got a break up and I did not.

Could this mean anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks