What's new

Dish DVR 'Technical' Question (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Someone stated to me today that they have a Dish DVR(not sure of model#), and they are not able to watch one program and record another. Fine, I say- it has a single tuner, so that would make sense.

However... He then told me that if he sets up the timer to record one channel, he CAN watch a different one at the same time.

Does this make sense? Truth be told, I'm not that well versed in DVR's, but it seems that it should either have dual tuner capability whether the timer is engaged or not.

Thanks for any replies...

Rajen

Agent
You cannot record one channel and watch a different channel but you can watch a recorded program while a different program is being recorded.

Mike Keith

Second Unit
It's probably in "Dual Mode", if set to "Single" mode it will allow you to watch one program while Recording another.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have an older E501, single tuner, and like Rajen writes, I can watch a recorded program while recording another one but I cannot watch live TV while recording a program.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks