What's new

DISCUSSION of Deep Discount DVD sales (NOT for announcements) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm starting this new thread so we can discuss the topic without constantly bumping up the announcement thread. :)

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for doing this. Almost everyday I would start to get excited thinking the sale had started because the thread kept getting bumped up. But, I refrained from posting in it and saying so, because I didn't want to bump the thread up anymore.

:)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
the other thread should be retitled DDD 20% off 11/04 and closed- any new sales should be in their own thread with a date attached.

just my $.02

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans

You didn't either. I see an 'if' and a 'probably' in that post. The Admin doesn't know and I dont think there will be one either until winter.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, as I've been saying, if it's gonna happen, I believe we will know within the next 14 days. If we move into the month of July and haven't seen it, I agree with Timmy. There won't be another sale until December.

Gary "this is going to be tough to swallow if we don't get a summer sale - my wishlist is filled beyond belief as it is" O.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
My wishlist is begging for a sale. I like to think about all the Warner's boxsets I can buy even cheaper!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Costco is having another $10 off all Warner sets coupon deal (you *might* need the coupon book) next month.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll eat my crow...I'm glad I was wrong about my doubts. Whew talk about suspense.

The debt is about to begin!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

pass the BBQ sauce :)

it's a pleasure to be wrong (and expensive- just dropped $263)
WHOO HOO i finally pulled the trigger on Firefly, now i can see what all the love is about.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I don't know if anyone cares, but I played an order for 14 DVDs from DeepDiscount yesterday morning (around 6 am). Just a few hours later on the very same day, I got another e-mail from them, telling me that they had already shipped them out!!!

I can't wait! I also can't believe how quick their service has gotten. I remember that during the previous sales, their website had tons of errors, slow surfing, etc. Also, it would take a week for them to "process the order." This time, they did all the processing and shipping out on the same day. I'm not only impressed, I'm completely blown away!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Their site is about five times faster than it was during the last sale.

So far I've held out. . .let's see how long that lasts. :D

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
You shouldn't hold out! This is what we love to do. We love to buy DVDs. This is a great sale and you should take advantage of it. I'm thinking about placing yet another order. :D

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I ordered three titles and two of them were backordered even though it did not say so when I put them in my cart. But it's nice to see that they're honoring sale prices for backorders and it's also nice that my credit card charge will not be one huge amount!
-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks