What's new

DirecTv Reception Problem (1 Viewer)

Greg Kl

Auditioning
I have Directv with a Sony Tivo Receiver with 2 satellite inputs and a another regular Dolby Sony Reciver. my problem has been in getting a good signal to the receivers. For instance, today is a very hot and humid day with few clouds in the sky. I am getting about 48-50 on the separate Sony Receiver and the Tivo Receiver has been breaking up. I had just adjusted the satellite a few days ago thinking that it wasn't pointed correctly. I got a signal peaking at 85 at that time. The satellite really didn't need adjusting, but I got a few more points out of it. Does the hot humid weather effect strength?

I have the Dual LNB running into a 4 way switch without a regular antennal attached. Two of the output leads from the switch go into the Sony-Tivo Dual Receiver and the other one goes into the separate receiver. My question is, can the switch be decreasing signal strength (it isn't amplified) or be defective, or can the Dual LNB be bad? Any help troubleshooting my setup will be greatly appreciated!

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Greg, I used to have a similar problem -- but I haven't seen that happen since my DTiVo downloaded the 2.5.2 upgrade. It used to be that the signal on the second tuner would be a lot weaker than on the first (let alone the standalone receiver) but I haven't seen it happen since. What version of the software does your DTiVo currently have?

David Ison

Stunt Coordinator
If you are only getting a 40-50 signal your dish needs to be realigned, you should be getting about 85-92 at the minimum.to do this the right way you need an inclineometer,a signal level meterand a quality compass.

Greg Kl

Auditioning
The signal has been around 85 and has now returned to 85. The decline in signal strength is random and occurs with clear skies. The dish alignment is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks