What's new

DirecTV Local Channels question (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
We just got DirecTV hooked up today. We are not in a Local Channels market so we will be getting the NY and LA feeds of the major networks, correct? Should we also be getting UPN and WB with those? Also, when my father called up to order our package, they CSA said it would take 45 days to get the networks... Does it really take this long? I thought you were supposed to get them hooked up right away.

Brian

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
If you can receive them OTA with what the FCC considers a grade b signal, DTV is not supposed to give you the national feeds, at all, unless you get a waiver from your local affiliate.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
None of the networks can be picked up over the air from here, as far as I know... FOX and ABC are in Anchorage, NBC is in Seattle, CBS I dont know...

I'm thinking we should have gone with Dish now... seems easier to get the networks, you can get UPN and The WB anywhere, and you can also get NASA TV without special equipment.

Brian

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I think DirecTV goes by zip codes, and they have a map that shows them which zip codes definitely do not have good OTA signals. If you're in one of those zip codes then they should hook you up right away. Unless maybe your zip code covers 10,000 square miles and part of it does have good OTA signals...

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
The CSR that my dad was talking to last night must have not been trained very well or something... he called again today, the CSR talked to her supervisor, and indeed we were supposed to get all the Nets... so they're all working now :)
Still too bad DTV doesn't offer a "national" feed of UPN or The WB, but whatever.
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks