What's new

Dilemma-Atlantic Technology THX or Mission 77 speakers? (1 Viewer)

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Hi everyone. I have an opportunity for 2 different sets of older speakers but wasn't sure what might be better. One is a set of Atlantic Technology THX speakers- it is the 270 series but it IS missing the subwoofer. It does have the fronts, center, and the dipole surrounds.

Other possibility is a set of 77 series Missions. 774 fronts, 77C center(the better one), pair of 771s, and a pair of 77ds. I have had Missions 77 series and like them, but know nothing about the Atlantic Technology speakers. Does anyone have or know about the AT 270 sets? I know not having the subwoofer from that set is disappointing, but it isn't there.

Price-wise it's close to a wash........both sets will cost me around $250 each. I run and have a Denon 1910 and 2808 CI and Onkyo TX-NR709. Any comments and observations would be appreciated. Thanks again......

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
So the Mission 77s would definitely be considered better by many? I do 50/50 music/movies. I asked about the AT because of the THX certification and the name...........I've never heard AT speakers in person yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks