What's new

dilema on what to see this weekend (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
out of all of these, which one of these would be the best to see?

sority boys

the rookie

clockstoppers

et

the time machine

big trouble

lord of the rings

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
will lotr be an empty theater since it has been out for so long

has any body seen the new national lampoons movie.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
For someone who enjoyed "Dude, Where's My Car?", I would suggest "Sorority Boys" and "Van Wilder". :D

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
1) Van Wilder - I saw the sneak preview on Saturday night and I actually found it to be a pretty funny movie. The theater wasn't that crowded (around 50 or so people in a theater that seats around 100), 98% of the people there dug the film as almost all of us (except my friend who didn't really want to see the film in the first place) were laughing out loud for a majority of the 90 minute running time. The film does have jokes that have been done before, but here they push the limits of good taste and the results are pretty funny. If you just want to be entertained, see this movie ASAP with a packed theater.
2) Big Trouble - I loved the book so I'm so there this weekend. My friend who already has seen the film (another fan of the book) said it follows the book 98% and the movie only changes three things changed (a running gag, a location change, and the snake is gone).
3) Panic Room - Fincher. Enough said.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
ill either take a look at an empty lotr, or clockstopers (unless there are reasons not too)

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
LOTR theaters won't necessarily be empty: the number of showings are reduced, but it is still doing decent business. The showing I went to on Sunday night was nearly full.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
how early do i have to get there to see the sneak preivew of the two towers if it starts at 1:20

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
so i have to sit through the credits. also, would they remind us to stay for the sneak preiview after the movie

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan, at the end of LOTR, before the credits (just as the original movie started rolling credits), you will see "This Christmas...The Story Continues...With The Two Towers..." Then you get 3+ minutes of non-stop amazing scenes from the next movie.

I saw LOTR for the third time Tuesday night at an 8:00pm showing because I wanted to see this preview. The theater was about half-full. The preview is very exciting and it looks like TTT will be MUCH more exciting than FOTR. I wasn't expecting much, but I am really excited about TTT now. If you are a fan of LOTR, you really should go see it.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
i saw LOTR, great movie, also got to sit in nice leather seats and in dts sound. my only complaint is that it is a little long but the two towers trailer was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks