What's new

Digital piano connection to Sony STR-DG820 and external speakers (1 Viewer)

edee_em

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eddie Marano
Just bought a new digital piano for my son (Yamaha Modx8) and the first thing I noticed is that it doesn't have any speakers. I have a Sony STR-DG820 AVR and a set of Dynaco A25's (aaahhhh the seventies...) collecting dust in the basement and I was thinking about hooking the new piano into that set up. My question is regarding which input to use on the Sony AVR. My thinking is that since no other component will be connected, I should be able to use whatever input I want, yes, no?( except for the HDMI inputs). The outs from the piano are your standard 1/4" jacks. Any thoughts on the best input to use in this situation? Thanks

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I agree with you, any input you're not already using will be good; there's no "better" choice. Might want to save the CD channel (which has both I/O) so he can later add one and record his stuff.
Nice piano by-the-way!

edee_em

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eddie Marano
I agree with you, any input you're not already using will be good; there's no "better" choice. Might want to save the CD channel (which has both I/O) so he can later add one and record his stuff.
Nice piano by-the-way!
Thanks AI. He was due for a new board and this is a perfect step up for him. Now if I can only find the time to figure out what everything does!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks