What's new

Digital Eyes....arghhh! (1 Viewer)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
How's Digital Eyes these days? I placed my first order with them a few days ago - Any Given Sunday (In Stock) and Driven. I assumed they would ship today at the latest, but no notification and my account still says Open, not Processed.
Pieter
------------------
Witness my BoomRoom. Updated Sep 17.

I hate to even use this as an excuse, but Bin Laden is almost totally responsible for the delay.
Our new releases typically ship on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest from our distributor in Las Vegas. The product was picked up by UPS on Tuesday and delivered via truck to Nashville. It arrived at the wrong facility in Tennessee and sat their until Tuesday. I called UPS and Image several times daily regarding this order and was told that it would arrive soon. When air transit was restored, UPS treated all deliveries as Last In first out so they would not have to refund for late shipping. The boxes that shipped prior to that sat on trucks and docks until they decided they would move the product.
This was very frustrating for us as well as our customer base. We did not (in hindsight this was a bad decision) make any statements on the site regarding the delays because we were told the product would be in our hands by Monday at the latest. I am sorry for the delay, but thankfully everything is back to normal. We will be shipping next weeks releases tomorrow for arrival by street date.
If you have further questions, please let me know!
Thanks,
Mark
Digital Eyes

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to say that I've used Digital Eyes a couple of times and have been MORE than happy with the service. Both times I was getting hard-to-find items (Akira tin, Cosmos set) and they came through big time.
Dave
------------------
Dave Smith
http://home.austin.rr.com/beowulf99

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I'm (seriously) not trying to rag on anyone, but I didn't know the Akira tin and Cosmos Box set were hard-to-find. I bought mine at DVDplanet.com. I tried shopping at Digital Eyes, but no matter how many times I've shopped elsewhere including Digital EYES, I keep going back to DVDplanet. They have an awesome selection and DWEET (yes, I said dweet, not sweet) prices. For the most part, I can always find the lowest price there or at least the same price.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
This is my first purchase experience with Digital Eyes, and I've so far only have good things to say.
On Thursday morning, I placed my order. Being stupid, I placed another order right after this, and asked them to combine the two. That evening, they sent me an email confirming both orders; confirming that they combined both orders; and confirming same-day shipping.
The logisitics behind this may be complicated; but I am relieved that I was able to save on shipping. The mail person just knocked on my door, and my jaw just DROPPED! My order (including Maniac, Salesman, Do the Right Thing, and Withnail and I) arrived in two days from TN to Illinois. (Shipping was $5.75.)
Personally, I thought that the stock was pretty good. I found all of the DVDs that I wanted; other merchants had a few of these on back order.
My only other experience with online DVD merchants is with Deep Discount DVD (DDD). My overall experience with them has been excellent. They too have good service and packaging. Very responsive email. And they DO NOT charge
before shipping.
However, they do not appear to be as well stocked as Digital Eyes (DE). Their shipping is also a bit slower. It took an extra business day to get my DVDs to get my DVDs "on the truck".
Digital Eyes shipped my in-stock DVDs that day. Honestly, if you need your DVDs within a short timeframe, and you'd like to make some dollars on your next purchase, Digital Eyes is a very strong candidate for your online
merchant.
But both DDD and DE are very good to do business with, and are certainly VERY trustworthy. I am pleased with both, and will likely do business with both. Thumbs up all around!
------------------
Best, Sam

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
My first Digital Eyes experience went very well too. I got a great price on my items, as well as very resonable shipping. And of course, most importantly, the items arrived before the weekend!
Is there anything more annoying than getting a batch of DVDs in the mail on Monday?
Pieter
------------------
Witness my BoomRoom's brand new layout as of Sep 21.

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the Akira tin was hard to find by the time I decided I wanted it :) I suspect I got DE's very last copy, going by some cryptic post-it notes on the shrink wrap.
The Cosmos set was rumoured to be OOP when I got my order filled, but now it looks like it's still available. Regardless, I was happy to get it!
Dave
------------------
Dave Smith
http://home.austin.rr.com/beowulf99

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks