What's new

Digital coax splitter? (1 Viewer)

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Please excuse my ignorance but I need some help. My buddy is having Comcast Hd installed this week. Here is the problem: 1. The box he will get only has digital coax out. 2. His Sony receiver has 1 digital coax in, which currently is connected to his dvd player which only has digital coax in. Does anyone know of any company that makes a splitter of some sort? Once again I apologize for my ignorance. Thanks for any help!.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
As far as I know, there is only an OPTICAL audio splitter available.

Good luck

Alfer

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
Does his DVD player and receiver also have an optical connection available? If so, connect the DVD using the optical, then use the coaxial input for the comcast.

John_E

Stunt Coordinator
I have no idea if this would work, but you may be able to try a RCA Y-adapter like this:
http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=654
Actually, I was thinking of doing a similar application...only in reverse. I was thinking of splitting the Coax from my cable box to two receivers. One for the family room and one for the garage/outdoor speaker setup. Can anyone confirm if a Y-adapter like this would be able to carry the signal to both inputs/outputs?

Andrew Walbert

Stunt Coordinator
A good quality A/B switch would definately work, though a Y-adapter should also work fine. As for splitting one signal into two, it should work, but you may encounter some signal degredation over distance (more so than an unsplit run).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks