What's new

Digital Cable (1 Viewer)

Clark Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
I have digital cable in my home and a digital cable box provided by the cable company. I have always hooked up the coax from the wall into the cable box then another coax from the cable box to the TV. Is this how it should be done?

I noticed the other day that the cable box has a seperate section with video and audio components. Just wondering how everyone else is running their cable.

Tod Golden

Stunt Coordinator
I have mine connected to the tv via the composite (yellow)connection. L/R audio to the receiver.

Tod

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Clark,
I have the COAX cable coming in from the wall to my Digital/HD box. From the box I use a component video cable (red, green, blue) to send the video signal to my Denon AVR-3805 receiver. The audio is sent from the box top the receiver via a Digital cable (Toslink). I do the same from my Denon DVD-2900 and other pieces of equipment to my receiver. One set of component cables goes from the receiver to the TV.

Al. Wise

Clark Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys. I came home for lunch and see that I have the following connections on my cable box (S-Video, L/R Audio(red/white), Video (yellow) and a single audio output (black))

I tried the S-Video and L/R Audio to the TV but I don't notice much of a difference...maybe a little clearer.

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Of the connections available on your box, S-video is the best and the coaxial cable is the worst in terms of picture quality. There may not be a very noticeable difference on every station, but there should be on some, particularly the digital channels. I would definitely keep the S-video hooked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks