What's new

Digital Cable Interference w/ Receiver? (1 Viewer)

Dave L H

Auditioning
I hope someone out there can help me out:
I just got digital cable, but when I use my receiver (JVC 6008V HTiB) with it, I get interference. What can I do to get rid of this?? (Other than placing them in seperate corners of the room :) )
Thanks-
Dave

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
How are you connecting the cable box to the receiver and to the TV?
Almost all digital cable subscription plans include some channels that are "analog". Depending on your TV (its comb filter) the composite output from the cable box may deliver a better picture for the analog channels only. If so you need to run both composite and S-video cables from cable box to receiver to TV Video 1 and Video 2 inputs respectively.
Generally you cannot run the RF (antenna coax) output through your receiver and to the antenna jack of the TV. That must be connected diretly to the TV. The bandwidth of the receiver internal circuits won't pass "channel 3" or "channel 4" leaving you a picture full of snow if you get a picture at all.
Interference may also be caused by a defective cable, especially if either the composite or the S-video connection is very much worse than the other (It is unlikley you have two defective cables, one on each pathway).
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Bradley C

Auditioning
I have had same problem. The last thing I tried, of course, fixed the problem. It was the damn rf coax cables. I bought some $20 buck monster rf cables and it fixed the problem.

Dave L H

Auditioning
Hello, and thanks for the inputs so far.

To answer your questions:

What kind of interference? Lines in the picture? Hum in the sound system? It's hard to give specific advice if the question is vague.
Lines in the picture...

And it looks like two votes for better RF cables.... let me know what you think.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks