What's new

Digicam Advice (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Onecall is selling the Canon G2 for $468 or something. That is a friggin steal, I would snatch it in a heartbeat if I wasn't broke. Check the HTF deals page.

--
Holadem

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I just placed an order for the Canon PowerShot G3 for $508, including shipping, from www.amphotoworld.com . The site's price on the camera was great, but their prices on accessories are very high. I'll pick those up elsewhere, including a 1.75x teleconverter lense to get the added optical zoom functionality I was looking at with the Olympus C-740 or C-750 Ultra Zoom's. The G3 will only be 7x optical zoom vs. 10x with the Olympus, but without image stabilization, I doubt that the 10x zoom would work well without a tripod anyway. The standard 4x optical on the G3 should be fine for 95% of my use.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Scott, they have the Olypmpus 5050 for a fantastic price! Please let me know of your purchase experience with them when you receive the G3. Thanks.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Drew,

FYI, I just cancelled my order for the PowerShot G3 with amphotoworld.com. They sent me an email requiring that I call them to "confirm" my order. I called, and as I suspected this was only a blatant attempt to sell me additional accessories and an extended warranty. The guy then informed me this was an "overseas model" with a limited warranty.

My slime detector kicked in, so I cancelled the order. I placed a new order with www.beachcamera.com . The price is a little higher, but their site specifically indicates that all equipment comes with a U.S. warranty.

The site may indeed be reputable, but I did not get a good feeling from this sales approach. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks