1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Die Hard on HBO HD tonight

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul W, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Die Hard is showing in 1080i at 10:00pm EST tonight on HBO HD.
    This might be a good fix for those of us awaiting the new 5star/gold/platinum/mother of pearl/collectors/limited edition coming out later this year.
    Unfortunately, since this is a 2.35:1 movie, you can rest assured that it will be cropped.
    Hmmmm. . .I hate moral delimmas. Oh, wtf! I'll watch it anyway.
    Cheers,
    ------------------
    [​IMG] Paul Warren
    Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs to Hellen Keller.

2. James Gonzalez

Watched Die Hard:With a Vengence on Saturday night. and it looked great. also was lucky enough to catch the Matrix on Friday.
    ------------------
    "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum!"
    Little Bijou

3. Frank

Frank Stunt Coordinator

I have seen HBOs dumbed down pan and scan version of 'Die Hard' and the picture quality sucks. I actually prefer the non 16/9 enhanced letterbox version on DVD better. At least the entire picture is intact.
    ------------------
    Frank...
    Turn off the TV and read these books those in power DON'T want you to read...