Die Hard on HBO HD tonight

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul W, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Die Hard is showing in 1080i at 10:00pm EST tonight on HBO HD.
    This might be a good fix for those of us awaiting the new 5star/gold/platinum/mother of pearl/collectors/limited edition coming out later this year.
    Unfortunately, since this is a 2.35:1 movie, you can rest assured that it will be cropped.
    Hmmmm. . .I hate moral delimmas. Oh, wtf! I'll watch it anyway.
    Cheers,
    ------------------
    [​IMG] Paul Warren
    Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs to Hellen Keller.

2. James Gonzalez

Watched Die Hard:With a Vengence on Saturday night. and it looked great. also was lucky enough to catch the Matrix on Friday.
    ------------------
    "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum!"
    Little Bijou

3. Frank

Frank Stunt Coordinator

I have seen HBOs dumbed down pan and scan version of 'Die Hard' and the picture quality sucks. I actually prefer the non 16/9 enhanced letterbox version on DVD better. At least the entire picture is intact.
    ------------------
    Frank...
    Turn off the TV and read these books those in power DON'T want you to read...