The Tenn/Bama game looked sweet

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul W, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

HDTV and a good close game. What more could you want?
    ------------------
    [​IMG] Paul Warren
    Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

2. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

Sweet? You're kidding! In the last two weeks CBS has given us some of the worst picture quality of any HD sporting event that they have ever done. Read this .
    ------------------
    Vic Ruiz
    STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

3. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Well, all I can say is it looked much better than the SD UT/CU game.
    ------------------
    [​IMG] Paul Warren
    Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

close game? if you actually lived in alabama you'd know the tide usually folds in the 4th quarter and/or hands the game over in penalties. now they will to lose to lsu next week and the week after that, they'll lose again to auburn! WAR EAGLE!!!!
    kevin t
    [Edited last by Kevin T on October 23, 2001 at 02:14 AM]

5. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

So . . . I should recalibrate my TV to make a sweet image look crappy? [​IMG]
    I really didn't notice any problems. Of course, I haven't been watching CBS college football for the past couple of weeks like I wanted, so I have no point of reference (excuuuuse me for enjoying the game [​IMG] ).
    The only problems I saw were when they cut to SD cameras (and the resulting zoomed image). I will keep and eye on this to see if it gets crappier.
    I don't suppose the problems could be a result of your local carrier? Are you watching CBS on Dish? I view it OTA. Hmmm...
    ------------------
    [​IMG] Paul Warren
    [Edited last by Paul W on October 23, 2001 at 02:05 PM]

6. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

I would have to say if you didnt see the first game they did in HD several weeks ago then i spose you could say it looked sweet. I guess ppl are assuming you did. The last couple of weeks ahve been pretty crappy overall. CBS is dropping the ball

7. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Okay, while I was happy to see the Gators and the Bulldogs in HDTV, it was not as sweet as I would have preferred.
    The bottom half of some shots was blurry (almost like the cameraman cleaned only half of the lens.
    Sheesh!
    ------------------
    [​IMG] Paul Warren