What's new

Recent upgrade to Dish6000 - what was it? (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
Earlier this month, I received notification that there was an upgrade available for download.
Anybody know what is was?
Thanks,
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The new upgrade now allows you to stretch 4.3 1080i upconverted programming such as when HBO or your local digital channels is not broadcasting true HD but upconverting there 4.3 programming....
------------------

Mike I

Supporting Actor
If you do not have your 6000 set to "ask me first" in the set up menu, it will be automatic..If you just connected your 6000 this past week, when you first activated it you received the latest software upgrade...
------------------
[Edited last by Mike I on August 30, 2001 at 06:45 AM]

Paul W

Second Unit
Cool.
Thanks
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
You have to turn the reciever off for a few minutes before it will start to download the new software, I almost never do so I missed it at first. Once the download starts you will see the lights blink like a modem TxRx light until it is done, then just turn the box on and you are good to go.

Sean_S

Auditioning
Is this the same update that came out a couple of months ago? Or is there a 'newer' update? My receiver is set to update w/o my permission, so I haven't noticed.
Sean
------------------

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The lastest update was the last week in July...You probably received it if you turn your 6000 off at night when not using it..
------------------

Mike I

Supporting Actor
In the system information menu on the 6000 the software version will be listed..The latest software version is 750PCNAD-N
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks