What's new

Did you remove the grilles in your speaker? Why?? (1 Viewer)

shankar

Stunt Coordinator
Do many of you remove the speaker grilles during normal operation? If yes, why do you do that? Is it to remove a "baffle" between the speaker cones and the atmosphere? Thanks.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
No, I have little troll like children that like to put fingers into/onto anything they can!:D

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I leave my speaker grilles on, mostly because I have Paradigm Monitor 9's and I don't like the silver color of the front of the speakers :)
Ken

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
I like to take mine off when someone new stops by. The gold cones on the Klipsch usually give a little wow factor. Day to day they stay on. Check out the pics below.

Bill

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I alaways wont to when I have friends over but I just know the minuite I did some dumb ass will stick there finger through one of them.
Ya just cant drink beer,listine to loud music and act like an idiot without something getting broke.:rolleyes::D

BruZZi

Second Unit
I think my Paradigm Studio 40's (Cherry laminate) looks much better without it. But since Paradigm's sound is on the "bright side", I'm waiting until they're totally broke-in to decide if I use the grilles or not.

CraigR

Agent
I believe my speakers(B&W 805N) sound better without the "grilles" ... but that's me. Your mileage my vary.

ManojM

Stunt Coordinator
My Nautilus speakers look much nicer without the grilles. Besides, my cats have nothing to put their claws into if there are no grills. :D

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
My Mission 77c1 center looks cool without the grill. The triple tweeter down the center then the 2 gold tips on the drivers look like two cold gold nipples. Plus the speaker is 7 feet up so no problems with anyone poking it.

Bac Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
I keep the grilles off because a) the PSB Image speakers look cool with them off and b) I dont have a large dog that might accidentally slam its rear into one of them :)

My new B&W 600 series look a lot cooler with them off, but keeping my son from sticking stuff in the ports and damaging the aluminum woofers means keeping them on during the day. Most grilles do reduce the amount of treble above 10k by a very slight amount, but I can't really tell the difference.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
ManojM, u have the B&W Nautilus? How much do those run for, I was afraid to look for a price once I saw the design.

I use speaker grill on, the speakers are right beside my cpu monitor and I know accidentally kick a cone in when I'm not careful. When company is over I'll take the grills off so they can see and audition them.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
No, because Paradigm (unlike most other speaker manufacturers) designed the studio speakers to be used with the grill (the wood portion acts as a baffle).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks