What's new

Did the guy in Hollywood with all the good ideas die recently? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I don't think he died, it's just getting harder for him to find work in Hollywood these days.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Billy Wilder is still very much alive. :) Unfortunately, no one is giving him any money to make movies these days. :frowning:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
You mean he isn't the one that is doing the live action PETER PAN, is remaking "10" as 'DA BOMB' (shades of BO to come?), expected JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS or the PSYCHO remake to actually make money? You mean he isn't the one that took one of the most anti-commercial Christmas stories ever made and turned into into a burger-selling, stuffed-toy peddling flick? Is sinking $180 million into T3, a larger starting budget than PEARL HARBOR? Hey, didn't he greenlight every movie based on lame TV shows from the 70's (where is HAPPY DAYS: The Movie?!!)? That isn't the guy? ;)

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
No I don't think he "died", I agree with what was said above: that it's harder for him to find work. Big, generic blockbusters are what's selling. Why pay for a good idea when a generic one will sell just as good, if not better? But there were still quite a few good movies released recently, namely Memento, Mulholland Drive, and a few others.
There are so many confused folks in this thread :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Jerry Bruckheimer died?!!!
:frowning:
For the humor impaired I'll add a ;) to that statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks