What's new

Did Pearl Harbor take your sub to the limit? (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
I don't know about anyone else but Pearl Harbor has some deep bass during the attack scene. Aside from the excellent mix on this film regarding the center, fronts and surrounds, the LFE on this movie is incredible and it is surely going to test the many subs on this forum.

Has anyone else experienced the sound effects on this DVD and if so, did it test your SUB?

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I don't have this DVD to test yet (in fact, I didn't know it's availabie - I thought it came out this Tuesday). But, I can't wait to hear other's opinions!

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
There is some serious low end in this sound track. If you have the subs, get out the spackle to fix the walls.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Geez fellas...as much as I am a home theater geek, I can't find anyone to sell me DVDs early:frowning:
I'm VERY excited to get this DVD...saw it in the theater two times and I've anxiously anticipated its release. I'm glad to hear the sound is great and I look forward to watching and listening to this one many, many times.
...so what is the secret to getting DVDs before the release date? I know, I know...you could tell me, but then you'd have to kill me:)
Jeremy

HankM

Second Unit
Yes indeed, especiialy when the Arizona gets hit, my Velodyne ULD-15 was moving some serious air and my couch felt like it was gonna collapse from my RBH Tactile Transducers.

Martice

Screenwriter
That explosion is absolutley POWERFUL!!! Did you hear the many different tones of the various explosions during the attack scenes? This is one disk that will convince anyone if they need to get a new sub or not. My Acoustic-Visions sub came right in the nick of time and handled the explosions accurately and made me very proud. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there was some real low stuff below 20HZ on this disk.

HankM

Second Unit
Martice,

Yes I did hear the different tones. The scene when the nurses come out to the yard because they have no idea what is goin on they are told to go to the hospital, those deep off screen explosions are awesome.

Myles

Agent
Maybe these guys work for or know people who work a t video rental outlets. They actually get the movies on Friday. Today I watched from the other side of the counter as a guy laminated Pearl Harbour DVD's.....Made me itch just watching him!!!

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
POWERFUL - YES it was. But, not nearly the intensive aerobics that THE HAUNTING (DTS ES) was.

Elbert

Martice

Screenwriter
You think Elbert? I thought the USS Arizona blowing up and lifting up out of the water contains not only powerfully audible bass but it sends a inaudible bass wave that attempts to throw me off of my couch everytime I hear it.

I'm going to do some direct comaprisons tonight.

Psst. I should have Jurassic Park 3 this Tuesday. I hope it doesn't dissapoint audio wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks