What's new

Did Everyone Enjoy the 12/14/03 Episode of '... Hill'? (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
Here in the East at 7:50 PM, Fox 'joins King of the Hill already in progress' we got to see the last 10 minutes of the new episode :angry: :angry:

I'll ask why they could not delay the entire prime time lineup by 20 minutes and show all of the program, but I guess that it is due to money somehow.

First, rotten World Series coverage and now dissing King of the Hill. There's just so much 'Fox attitude' one person can take !

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I'll ask why they couldn't pre-empt the low-rated Arrested Development and put King in its place, but someone at Fox must be fond of that show.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
What I don't understand is that they switched to the GB/Chargers game with 5 mintues left and a 31 to 21 score. As it gets to 7:30, the score goes to 38 to 21 with 3 minutes or so left. Now, 3 scores down with 3 minutes is not broadcast worthy, much less worth pre-empting or delaying the prime time schedule. As the game keeps going, still a 17 point difference, I start getting agitated that they're mucking up the prime time schedule with this BS game. Finally, it's over. And then they roll credits! Who cares? Then they go to the studio! Why? Then they go to commercial, and then they show the full credit sequence for KotH. Why? Now we get the last 10 minutes. WTF for?

Then the HD feed shows Malcolm and Arrested Development in 4:3 instead of widescreen even though they show the widescreen logo in the beginning.

WTF is wrong with WNYW?

BTW, Arrested Development is my new favorite show.

LewB

Screenwriter
Only thing I can figure is that Fox gets bigger advertising dollars for the NFL product than the get for KOTH. Anyone know if KOTH at 7:30 is considered prime time ?
Maybe they made more $ by treating us to 20 minutes more NFL coverage instead of whatever rate they get for KOTH, then the stuff between 8 and 11 is 'prime time' which gets more $ than KOTH, so that can't be played with.
'The dollars, always the dollars'

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
While 8-11pm is considered prime time for the rest of the week, Nielson considers Prime Time to be 7-11pm on Sundays.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't know why they don't just delay the shows either. CBS does this when football runs over. You never get less than an entire 60 minutes of "60 Minutes."

But Fox doesn't seem to get this. That's what killed "Futurama," it was constantly pre-empted during baseball playoffs and football season.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I've been told that the Christmas episode will be repeated this coming Monday, the 22nd, after a repeat of The Simpsons. (They originally announced it to repeat in that spot; then they replaced it with a "Stan Hooper" rerun, but now they are reverting to the plan of repeating KotH there.) So us East Coasters can see it then... unless they change their mind again (just don't blame me).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I actually think it made it funnier. Cutting in from the opening credits to Hank, Bobby, and the guys on top of a mountain trying to back up the big rig with no context of how they got there just struck me as hilarious.

Unfortunately, I am also an East Coaster and between the football game running late and the weather guy cutting in with special reports re: the big snow I only averaged about 15 minutes of actual show for each entry of the Fox Sunday lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks