What's new

Did Best Buy have a 3D exclusive of READY PLAYER ONE up for preorder? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Because I am 99% sure that is what I ordered, yet there appears to be absolutely NO confirmation of a 3D edition now, and the shipped to me is not marked as such...it is a 2D steelbook. Just checking in with y'all before I raise a ruckus with BB.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
When did you order?

Best Buy had 2 short lived 3D listings at different times. In early April there was an exclusive listed with trading Cards with SKU 6228661, but then they removed it from the site. Most everyone who ordered the exclusive set got cancellation emails in April.

In late May, a different RPO 3D showed up -- no exclusive, no trading cards, but a 3D listing with SKU 34127787. This was up for a few days and then was removed just like Tomb Raider 3D and Rampage 3D. This is probably the item that everyone is selling with UPC 888574662318. Eveyone that is, except one of the Amazon listing which apparently an Amazon exclusive with 3D+Digital (no 2D, no extras, and $48). Tomb Raider 3D and Rampage 3D followed the same pattern as the late May listing and everyone I've read about received the standard correct 3D Warner item with 2D+3D+Digital/ .

Do you have an SKU or BBY item number listed on your order page or shipment email? I guess you won't know exactly until it arrives, but I'm betting it;s the RPO 3D with UPC code 888574662318

Here is what's left of the 2nd listing with the SKU 34127787 ?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/ready-player-one-3d-blu-ray-blu-ray-blu-ray-3d-2018/34127787

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
In late May, a different RPO 3D showed up -- no exclusive, no trading cards, but a 3D listing with SKU 34127787.
This is the one I just received a shipping notice about.

I don't know about an exclusive, though.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The other suggestion if you have an order for SKU 34127787 which I think was 29.99 is to call Customer service or the RZ line if you are Elite/E+ and see if they'll price match to BN.com where it's been $24.49. I'm not how that would work since the BBY listing is hard to figure out what it really is.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The other suggestion if you have an order for SKU 34127787 which I think was 29.99 is to call Customer service or the RZ line if you are Elite/E+ and see if they'll price match to BN.com where it's been $24.49. I'm not how that would work since the BBY listing is hard to figure out what it really is.
Will B&N have this in store?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm just sick as shit of this exclusive offer crap that turns out to get rescinded or screwed up somehow. I'm gonna sell this copy and order RPO and all future 3D titles from Europe. Cheaper anyway.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'm just sick as shit of this exclusive offer crap that turns out to get rescinded or screwed up somehow. I'm gonna sell this copy and order RPO and all future 3D titles from Europe. Cheaper anyway.

Unless you want the 4K+3d sets from a country like France, the easiest is just to get the Warner Canadian versions -- so far one version, all 3D+2D+ Digital and with slipcover though most of them have at least some French on them. Around $30 shipped if you get them one at a time, obvious less if you wait a bit or group them.

Tomb Raider+Rampage+RPO is a nice triple since they've all come out in the last few weeks. As a group would be a bit less than $80 today,

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Not the exclusive version, but the Regular 3D release with SKU 34127787 (3D+2D+Digital) is back for preorder at 29.99. This likely won't last too long if the Rampage and Tomb Raider late order phase repeats. I'd strongly suggest trying a BN price match if you prefer to order from BBY

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ready-...ray-blu-ray-3d-2018/34127787.p?skuId=34127787

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-ready-player-one-tye-sheridan/28687900?ean=0888574662318

For some reason BBY, Walmart, and I think Target list Warner Archives distribution studio as Warner Bros. Digital Distribution

Last edited:

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Not the exclusive version, but the Regular 3D release with SKU 34127787 (3D+2D+Digital) is back for preorder at 29.99. This likely won't last too long is Rampage and Tomb Raider repeat. I'd strongly suggest trying a BN price match if you prefer to order from BBY

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ready-...ray-blu-ray-3d-2018/34127787.p?skuId=34127787

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-ready-player-one-tye-sheridan/28687900?ean=0888574662318

For some reason BBY, Walmart, and I think Target list Warner Archives distribution studio as Warner Bros. Digital Distribution
Thank you for the tip, I just re ordered it and am hoping I actually get it this time!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I couldn’t order from the link and had to call customer service to order and thankfully was successful.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
RPO 3D not purchasable for me on Best buy.com so ended up buying Rampage 3D instead. So calling Best buy CS to order RPO 3D works?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Was just able to order Rampage 3D too. :thumbsup:

RPO 3D not purchasable for me on Best buy.com so ended up buying Rampage 3D instead. So calling Best buy CS to order RPO 3D works?

That's odd -- is the Pre-order button not working and won't let you add it to the cart, will it not let you check out choosing shipping, or does it deny you after you click the Submit Order page? I've had items before that allowed me to put in the cart, but when you went to Start Checkout then it would switch to Not Available for shipping. With RPO I can get all the way to the "Click to Submit Order" stage without an issue.

Also interesting to me that Rampage 3D is back available for order, but I;m not sure tomb Raider list ever came back after the item released

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Is the UK version region locked. I went to check on amazon.uk but the case images don’t seem to show the region designation (or I’m just bad at finding it)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Is the UK version region locked. I went to check on amazon.uk but the case images don’t seem to show the region designation (or I’m just bad at finding it)

It's Warner and I can't think of a single 100% Warner controlled item that has ever been region locked ( a few TV show or co-owned movies and very few of them). No way to confirm until someone has it in hand, but I'd bet hard currency that it will be region free. Warner usually doesn't even mess with those Region labels probably for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks