What's new

Did anyone here see "FlikFX", the April Fool's Joke from Widescreen Museum? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I did an HTF search for "FlikFX" and came up empty. I sure never saw any mention of this a month ago.
But I ran across this today in, of all places, the official Jim Taylor DVD FAQ while seeing what has been updated lately! He clearly implies it as less-than-serious, but doesn't state outright that this is a *JOKE* (since April 1st 2002 is listed as the release date for a FlikFX version of Lawrence of Arabia on Pg. 4 of the joke section).
http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/flikfx/default.htm
The FlikFX digital recomposition system works its magic to vastly improve this botched scene. The match is placed between Lawrence and the cat so that there is no possibility of creating an impression that Lawrence's tastes are deviant. Further, the FlikFX editorial staff grasped an opportunity to improve on the hack job that Robert Bolt did on the script. They were able to reinforce Lawrence's little "not minding the pain" match trick by allowing the flame to touch skin tissues more sensitive than calloused fingers. Bolt and Lean really missed a chance to enhance the Lawrence character here, but through the magic of the FlikFX digital recomposition system we were able to put things right. No doubt producer Sam Spiegel would be proud of the improvements.
[/c]
Funny stuff!! :laugh:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ah, I went back and saw the ©1999 mark on it. Since the "release" date was listed as April 1, 2002, I was fooled into thinking that this was a new thing!

Well, it was new to me! Sorry to present old stuff as new, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks