What's new

Did anyone get the robot that came with the original Nintendo? (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I realized that you could but the controller harness (with the large arms on which the spinners go, to hold down a button) on the controller and work them with your feet, making it a one player, two controller game.
OMG! I thought I was the only person to figure that out. That is exactly how I played the game.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
on the controller and work them with your feet
That's exactly the way I played Gyromite.

Gray or Orange gun, it doesn't matter either works with the best Light Gun game ever........Gumshoe. How cool was that game? I mean you shoot your own guy to jump around.

peter a

Stunt Coordinator
gyromite... what memories-
the best was when my younger brother and i tried to make ROB pick up coke bottles. i think it spilled on poor old ROB an fried him.

remember the other game made for ROB?? STACK UP!!!- at the ages of 6 and 7- that game was too complicated for my brother and i. so, what did we do? oh... reverted to playing "tag" on the screen. it was great. it was something like a 5X5 set up where you could jump from box to box. i look back at it and laugh now, but we spent hours trying to chase each other on that damn screen cuz we fried ROB.

R.O.B. (1987 (may) - 1987 (june))
R.I.P.

p

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Some of the Gyromite carts were actually famicom carts with an internal adaptor. I used to open these up to get cheap adaptors to play famicom multi-carts of, er, ahem, 'unknown' origin.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I just remembered Rad Racer, the racing game that could be played in 3-D. It came with glasses and everything. If you lost the glasses or didn't wanna play in 3-D you could switch to regular mode.

peter a

Stunt Coordinator
rad racer was whack. i got sick of that game after 2 days... top gear for the SUPER NES was much radder.
p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks