Dick Tracy & Pacino

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_HR, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I just finished watching "Dick Tracy" for the 1st time in many years. God! What a hoot Al Pacino was as Big Boy Caprice! The man is a treasure, an absolute classic. I nearly fell off my sofa laughing.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

In total agreement with you! I hadn't really seen this movie in the 12 years since it was in theaters and I was younger, maybe catching a scene here or there on TBS or something. I watched the DVD last week and I didn't remember how terrific Pacino was. Hilarious and just so over-the-top on his role...absolutely perfect. There's so many characters in that movie that are big name actors and I just can't figure out who they are...there's so much visually going on. Pacino is definitely the best part of the movie, which is entertaining, but not a film I'd label "great", even if I appreciate the idea and effort and I admire Beatty's ability to attract so many stars to the film and in such unglamorous roles. Pacino was undoubtedly a hoot! [​IMG]

3. John P Grosskopf

John P Grosskopf Second Unit

Pacino in Dick tracy was a dry run at his charater in Heat![​IMG] (sans prosthesis)
    Over the top to the max. He's been that way ever since, though I have yet to see Insomnia.