What's new

Dick Tracy & Pacino (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I just finished watching "Dick Tracy" for the 1st time in many years. God! What a hoot Al Pacino was as Big Boy Caprice! The man is a treasure, an absolute classic. I nearly fell off my sofa laughing.:D :D :D

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
In total agreement with you! I hadn't really seen this movie in the 12 years since it was in theaters and I was younger, maybe catching a scene here or there on TBS or something. I watched the DVD last week and I didn't remember how terrific Pacino was. Hilarious and just so over-the-top on his role...absolutely perfect. There's so many characters in that movie that are big name actors and I just can't figure out who they are...there's so much visually going on. Pacino is definitely the best part of the movie, which is entertaining, but not a film I'd label "great", even if I appreciate the idea and effort and I admire Beatty's ability to attract so many stars to the film and in such unglamorous roles. Pacino was undoubtedly a hoot! :D

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Pacino in Dick tracy was a dry run at his charater in Heat!:D (sans prosthesis)
Over the top to the max. He's been that way ever since, though I have yet to see Insomnia.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks