What's new

Details: Matrix Revolutions (Merged) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just watched.

sounds incredible and looks stellar.

the movie itself, i like it even less now after seeing it again.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I watched it last night, looks just as good as Reloaded and the sound is stellar. The subwoofer is active almost to the point of overkill, I did like when the Machine God spoke and all 5 channels are active with deep bass.

I do like this film but nowhere near the first two films in the series. It is amazing how the script and acting got worse from Reloaded to this film, the Captain of the Hammer is really weak. It also seems that the only lines Morpheus and Niobe say to each other are "Somethings don't change, and somethings do".

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
I just finally watched this movie, and wow, this disc definitley has some demo material. The bass is at every turn, the picture quality is killer, and the surround usage is engaging. I have not even watched this movie for the plot yet, just sitting back and listening to the sound!!!

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
I've got a question as to whether my disc is acting up or if it's supposed to sound like this -- at the 14:15 mark, when the scene ends and the train moves across the screen from right to left, there's a distinct "wop wop wop" sound in the L speaker, then followed by the train sound in the R speaker. Does everyone else's DVD exhibit this? Just wondering, as it's a unique sound...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You know what guys, this movie sucked.

I bought this film blindly just to have it as
part of my Matrix collection. I should have learned
after sitting through the horrific RELOADED.

This was just piss-poor.

The entire movie was a CGI nausea-fest far worse
than anything George Lucas himself could have dreamed
of.

It's a crying shame that something as brilliant
as the original Matrix film had to be
followed by horrendously awful sequels.

Though I now have the three DVD films as part of
my permanent collection, I hope I'll never pop any
of the two sequels into my DVD player again as long
as I live.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Humm, I loved the third... What you wanted?

I'ts more a sci-fi movie, a little like Aliens (Alien 2) or Starship Troopers.

The Matrix was an action movie too, and categorized like a Sci-Fi movie. Revolutions is like that, and was perfect (to me). Okay, the deep philosophy is gone... but after the first, we already know the philosophy and the story.

The Animatrix was impressive, the Second Renaissance is really good, and Revolutions is in the same genre. Every begin has an end, and the end is like the beginning: War, War, War!

The second was good, but not as good than the first, but the third is very different and show us a terrific battle. :emoji_thumbsup:

Sorry for my english, i'm french, I hope you understand my little point of view! :)

Chuck Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
CarlosL, I heard the same thing and was wondering about it. I thought at first that my speaker blew but i backed it up and it did it again. Maybe some other people can weigh in on this.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
i'm going to have to kind of agree with patrick. I went into the third one with lower expectations since the second one was just *ok*. But I actually like the second one better, now that the third one is out. It could have been knocked down into one slightly longer episode. That said, it still is NOT as good as the first, but I think that it was going to have the same problem that star wars did: overhyped and too high expectations. It could almost never be as good as the first simply because the wachowskis had too much pressure for it to be

Anyway, I watched a few minutes of the DVD, and have to agree with the quality. WOW!

to steal a rating style from Home Theater Magazine:
*** Movie
**** Sound and vision
???? extras (haven't watched them yet - but if its as good as the first dvd - ***)

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
Wowwowwowwowwow. Talk about deep bass. (I can't wait to see the graphs of some scenes.) The bass wasn't overcooked; it was just oh so low. Obviously the machine god went very low and loud, but giving that scene a run for its money is when the big drilling machines fell through the ceiling and stood up after hitting the ground. Deeeeeppp pulsing sounds all over the place. I've not been this impressed with the bassy-ness of a flick in a long time. My Velodyne FSR-18/JMLab Utopias sure got a workout!
Graphs? Anyone? Please?!?!
-Erik

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
There was enough great material in "Reloaded" and "Revolutions" to make a single sequel that was superior to the first one but they had to spread it out over two movies.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
You know, I think Ron hit it. I disliked it out of the theater, but I hated it on DVD.. and I bought the damn thing..

I watched SW:AOTC the other night in HD (wow!) and for the problems I have with AOTC, I thought it was a striking improvement on SW:TPM and that it advanced some cool ideas..

The problem with Revolutions is that almost every precept and construct from the first two movies just becomes inert, and some of the ideas of what made the matrix work seem to be made untrue. Even the end goals change.

I felt the first movie had an "Apple: 1984" type feel to it, an Orwellian take on society of the future.. and it ended in mumbo jumbo.

The disc looks good, and sounds good.. but even where it looks/sounds best, especially the fight scenes with Neo & Smith, they go on long enough that even pretty pictures and sound can't save the monotony of seeing the same thing again and again.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

Hey Ron, tell us how you really feel. ;)

As for me, Reloaded grew on me, and Revolutions wasn't too bad. I'd even say I liked them quite a bit. However, after watching the first one again today, the sequels just can't compare. Actually, I feel like some things could've been trimmed out, Reloaded and Revolutions combined together would've made a better film. Overall, I feel like Reloaded is pretty much standing in place to make two sequels instead of one.

but what about animatrix shouldnt we see a box set with all these fine pieces of computer graphic stunts for the most part there very entertaining i give props to all the computer programmers for there expertise in these fields....

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand, if you guys were looking for Oscar material watch GWTW or Schindlers List or 10's of others. Revolutions could have been better, I agree, but damn, it is just a popcorn and a Coke movie (I say Coke, because I am a Coke guy). I would say it is a pretty good Popcorn and Coke movie. Good sound, stunning effects, martial arts, pretty chick, guns, and explosions. Dang, what else do ya want?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well how about a movie that was interesting for the storyline.

all style no substance, empty calories.

sometimes just blowing stuff up isnt enough.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Just watched this, and wow did it look good.

I wasn't terribly impressed with it in theaters, though I ended up liking it overall. Reloaded improved dramatically when I rewatched it on DVD, and Revolutions did as well. Once I knew what to expect, and was over the "oh, that's not what I thought this would be" shock factor, I really like the sequels.

Bad box art... I mean, yech, but I spend 99.9% of the time looking at the spine. WHICH REMINDS ME. These were two movies in the same franchise that came out IN THE SAME YEAR. You would think they might TRY to make the lettering and logos on the spines line up? You know, since no one will buy this who doesn't own Reloaded, they might sit next to each other on the shelf, so it would be nice if they sort of acknowledged each other's existence and MATCHED.

I mean, hell, the WB logo is like a half inch lower on Revolutions. And a differenc size. And a different color. The titles' fonts don't even match. Oh well, since TMR and TMR2 were released in keep cases, neither matches the original anyway. So I should stop worrying about it. But damn. I'm going to bed.

Porfirio

Second Unit
I bought Matrix Revolutions this morning at Target, but didn't notice I had picked-up the Full-screen version until I got home this evening. I went back to the same store to exchange it but when the clerk in Customer Service tried to check it back into their system, she told me she couldn't exchange it because the DVD did not match the receipt? But the receipt clearly says "Matrix Revol."

Any ideas on what to do?

Brett C

Second Unit
For me personally, saying the film is bad is actually paying it a compliment,lol. Anyway the disc quality was very good, although the sound level was rather muted, no doubt due to the dialog normalization applied. But once turned up to compensate, it did deliver the goods.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks