What's new

Denon Owners...Do You Use The 'MAIN+" Feature? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Chuck: Yes, I would definitely try the main + LFE setting if you are using both the speaker and subwoofer connections. As the manual notes though, the bass can be either better or worse, depending on the room, speaker and listener relationships. It's important though, to keep in mind that you can easily overload the mains with bass if they're not up to the task.
When using the "+" setting LFE, front mains bass and any redirected bass (from any speakers set as "small") will be sent to both the fronts mains and the subwoofer.
Yamaha has offered the "+" feature longer than Denon and I believe Pioneer has it on some models too. Don't know how many others may offer it??
I used the "+" feature for a time while using my Denon 3300 and 3802 with an external amp and external crossover. It gave me some additional flexibility on my bass setup. Now I'm using an Outlaw ICBM which (for me) is a far better solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks