Denon Multisource Help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Anthony Moore, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

So I have my Denon 3802 hooked up to my main 5.1 system; and stereo speakers in my bedroom (hooked into the surround back/multisource speaker outputs.

I can get my bedroom speakers to work with the CD source only when the main speakers are set to CD as well. I thought the whole point was that I can listen to 2 sources at once.

I know how to turn the volume up and down on the stereo set..it works fine when the mains are set on the same source.

If I have the remote set on MULTI and I hit CD, on the screen it says MULTI CD..which indicates that its doing what I want..which is keeping the mains on some other source while switching the multi to CD..but its not! no sound from the stereo speakers.

Am I missing something?

2. John S

John S Producer

Are you feeding the CD through the analog connections???

If you are feeding it digitally it won't work. The 2nd zone sources are only available from analog input.

3. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

yes, its analog.,,like i said, it works when the mains are on CD as well.

4. John S

John S Producer

That is exactly what would happen if you were feeding the CD by digital instead of analog. Not really sure, I have set up the zones with that AVR before and not had issues with it though.