What's new

Denon Multisource Help (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
So I have my Denon 3802 hooked up to my main 5.1 system; and stereo speakers in my bedroom (hooked into the surround back/multisource speaker outputs.

I can get my bedroom speakers to work with the CD source only when the main speakers are set to CD as well. I thought the whole point was that I can listen to 2 sources at once.

I know how to turn the volume up and down on the stereo set..it works fine when the mains are set on the same source.

If I have the remote set on MULTI and I hit CD, on the screen it says MULTI CD..which indicates that its doing what I want..which is keeping the mains on some other source while switching the multi to CD..but its not! no sound from the stereo speakers.

Am I missing something?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Are you feeding the CD through the analog connections???

If you are feeding it digitally it won't work. The 2nd zone sources are only available from analog input.

John S

Senior HTF Member
That is exactly what would happen if you were feeding the CD by digital instead of analog. Not really sure, I have set up the zones with that AVR before and not had issues with it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks