What's new

Denon AVR-760H (1 Viewer)

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Yeah that's why I posed the A4L price - it was $50 higher than straight from Denon which struck me as odd. It seems A4L may be trying to get in on the lack of stock price increases.

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Also found it available now at Amazon for $599. I've never been big on refurbs, but the $449 price from Denon is tempting. I'm considering this one vs the 660H even though I will just be using with 5.1 speakers.

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
My last two have been refurbs from A4L. No issues, and they still have a warranty if you do run in to problems.

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered the S760H-R from Denon. It came in today and I'm ready to open the box. Not looking forward to changing out the connections with arthritic hands and the limited space I have to work in. But I think it will be worth it. I'm also planning to relocate it so there could be some issues with cable lengths.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I ordered the S760H-R from Denon. It came in today and I'm ready to open the box. Not looking forward to changing out the connections with arthritic hands and the limited space I have to work in. But I think it will be worth it. I'm also planning to relocate it so there could be some issues with cable lengths.
Costco had the Denon AVR-S760H on sale (499.99-$100.00 instant rebate) so I picked one up as it looks at my pricepoint I'm just going to have to use two receivers if I want 7.1 & Dolby Atmos ...

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
That $400 ($500 - $100 instant rebate) is a very very good price for sure. However I just bought the Onkyo TX-NR6050 which is a Costco exclusive receiver taken from the TX-NR6100 minus the THX features for another great price of only $440 ($500 - $60 instant rebate). The TX-NR6100 is $800.

For me the TX-NR6050 is replacing my 2012 Denon AVR-2312ci (equivalent is AVR-X3800H but with 7.1 channels). So far the Onkyo is really nice in being so much less complicated in setup menus but with a wealth of additional features, compatibilities, and surround sound formats.

IMO, the Denon AVR-S760H is a great bargain at $400 but the Onkyo TX-NR6050 is even a better bargain at $440 being it's a higher end receiver model.

My Denon AVR-2312ci will now replace my Denon AVR-3803 in my media room system.

Good luck in your choice.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That $400 ($500 - $100 instant rebate) is a very very good price for sure. However I just bought the Onkyo TX-NR6050 which is a Costco exclusive receiver taken from the TX-NR6100 minus the THX features for another great price of only $440 ($500 - $60 instant rebate). The TX-NR6100 is $800.

For me the TX-NR6050 is replacing my 2012 Denon AVR-2312ci (equivalent is AVR-X3800H but with 7.1 channels). So far the Onkyo is really nice in being so much less complicated in setup menus but with a wealth of additional features, compatibilities, and surround sound formats.

IMO, the Denon AVR-S760H is a great bargain at $400 but the Onkyo TX-NR6050 is even a better bargain at $440 being it's a higher end receiver model.

My Denon AVR-2312ci will now replace my Denon AVR-3803 in my media room system.

Good luck in your choice.
My Costco only had the one receiver offering (about nine of them now eight) and about seven different soundbars. Ya takes what you can get ...

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
My Costco only had the one receiver offering (about nine of them now eight) and about seven different soundbars. Ya takes what you can get ...
Mine only carried the Denon AVR-S760H also. So I ordered off of Costco.com and had it delivered to my Costco Warehouse since it's been raining all week. Came in 3 days and picked it up on the way home from work.

I remember way back when I ordered a PIoneer DVD Recorder with 80 GB harddrive from Costco.com. It was hundreds less than BestBuy (WorstBuy) and came with an awesome warranty. After about 15 years, the CD Recorder drive quit not long after the hard drive quit so I went to the DVD+RW format on some Magnavox DVD Recorders from Walmart for CHEAP!

Costco Warehouses are limited in what they have but you can always order from Costco.com and have it delivered to the warehouse. Also if you need to return, you have a 90 day return policy to the warehouse even if bought on Costco.com. I checked all that before buying the Onkyo TX-NR6050. Plus the receiver comes with Onkyo's 2 year receiver warranty.

Denon is a great buy for sure so if it fits you, no need to 2nd guess yourself. I just wanted something comparable to the current AVR-2312ci receiver's amp and inputs/outputs. I do a lot of Stereo listening in vinyl and 24 bit/192Khz so I want a good amp section.

Enjoy the Denon!

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
That Onkyo I bought had quite a few quirks with flipping surround channels to the surround back channels with 5.1 straight modes and direct modes with Dolby in a 7.1 speaker setup. Just stupid as it does not sound right when I play my 5.1 music DVDs in 5.1 and puts side sounds directly behind me.

There were other quirks as I had to do resets often to get the receiver to operate correctly. It also was missing some features that Denon's have that are an advantage.

So that AVR-S760h is a great receiver especially at $400. I wanted something a bit more so I got a Denon AVR-S960H at the new price of $600.

Enjoy those AVR-S760h receivers.

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
I enjoy my S750H every time I get to watch a movie (which is maybe once every other month now).
Yes, was sometimes 3 or 4 months for me. However things have changed so I expect to be enjoying my HT system more now. Actually it's on all the time listening to music. I found our local FM station on internet radio in MP3. Not impressed with how thin sounding that station is on the internet radio, FM may actually sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks