What's new

Denon AVR-3802 vs. Sony STR-DA4ES (1 Viewer)

James_Hud

Auditioning
I have been looking into buying an AV Receiver the past few months. I have narrowed it down to these two receivers. Which one of these receivers is the best? I haven't noticed too many differences except that sony has Dolby Digital EX and the denon doesnt. However, the denon has 5/7 Channel Stereo. Not sure if the sony is capable of that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
I second that vote for the DA4ES. I did a side by side comparison last week. The Sony was more neutral sounding to me. The remote seemed nicer as well, although it is not an IR learning remote. The 3802 is plagued by known reliability problems. Too soon to tell on the DA4. Apparently, Sony went back to the drawing board with this DA4. I was not impressed with the discontinued V series ES. I would easily pick the DA4 over the DA5. Sony ES has a FIVE year warranty! I still have my DA777ES, as well as a Yamaha RX-V1. The Sony holds it's own with the past Yamaha Flagship. I would pick the DA4 in this instance. It can be had from onecall.com for $640 according to other threads. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks