What's new

Denon 910 jittery? (1 Viewer)

Chad-St

Auditioning
NateB, yup, I'm the guy who had the same problem with two Denon DVD-910's on my Sony KV-34XBR800.

I explained the problem I had over in the "Does anybody have the Denon DVD-910" thread. (Sorry, I can't post links yet).

I went into a Magnolia HiFi store and the sales guy wanted to sell me a DVD-910. I told him about the problem I had and I don't think he believed me. He asked about the cables I was hooking it up with and the DRC setting on the tv. He wanted to prove me wrong so he hooked it up to a Sony KV-34HS510 and it had the same problem. The screen jittered in progressive scan mode. He wasn't happy about that. His first guess was that the Sony tv's and the DVD-910 were not compatible.

After that, I emailed Denon about the problem, and of course, I never heard back from them. I was sick of returning the DVD-910's, so I just gave up. I went to Best Buy and bought a Yamaha DV-S5650 DVD player and it works great. Sure it doesn't have the Faroudja chip, but it looks good to me and the screen doesn't jitter.

My suggestion to people is... if you own a Sony HDTV, don't buy the Denon DVD-910! Unless you plan on watching it in interlaced mode, or if Denon corrected the problem on newer units.

While we are on the subject of the Denon DVD-910, I also found the component input jacks on the back to be very cheesy. They only used one screw to secure them to the back of the player. When you plug your cables in, the jacks sink into the player a little bit. Some of these component cables are hard to push in. I thought I was going to break the player when I connected the cables. Also, during my endless pursuit to solve the jittering problem, I wiggled the component cables during playback and the screen flickered. Yikes! I went to Best Buy and looked at the cheapest players they had there, and they all had 2 screws securing the video jacks on back. I pushed on them and they were solid. So what's up Denon? Saving money on screws. :)

Anyway, I don't mean to bash Denon too much. I've always heard great things about them and I'm sure their higher end stuff is good. But I was just really disappointed with this dvd player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks