What's new

Denon 3803 no sound from DVD, HELP (1 Viewer)

Vay

Auditioning
I just hooked up my Denon 3803. I'm running composite video straight from the DVD player to the TV. I have an optical cable from the DVD player to the 3803 digital input #5. When I play a CD in the DVD player, sound comes out just fine. When I put a DVD in there, I get no sound, but of course the picture is displayed just fine. Any help anyone?

Does anybody have a good link to a good Denon 3803 help site or thread? That manual is terrible.

Thanks!

Peter_D

Agent
Is your sourond sound set to manual instead of auto. i notice that if it is not set to auto it wont switch to DD or dts that is what could be happening to you.

On the front of the reviver there are some buttons there is a lable over them that says input. whn playing a dvd click on the mode button untill is says auto. this should let it auto switch from 5ch stereo to dts or dd

I had a similar problem somebody helped me out with today.

Go into the setup screen and look in "Digital In Assignment" and verify that the input showing is the one you are using.

I agree....I don't like the manual and a help site for setup of this unit would be great.

I am still learning and could easily be wrong here but it's worth a look!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Take a look at the DVD player manual and make sure you audio output is set to bitstream and not PCM.

Kevin

Vay

Auditioning
Everybody, thanks so much for your help. The problem was that I did not have it set to auto.

By the way, when is the PCM setting used?

charlie o

Stunt Coordinator
I hooked my 3803 up last night and was having the same problem. It took a while but i finally figued it out. It was on analog. The manuel sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks