What's new

Need help from a Denon Receiver Expert... (1 Viewer)

Nav

Auditioning
Real Name
Navid Filsoof
Hello,

I have a Denon AVR 3803. I running video cables from my DVD player and Plasma to the Denon.

I'm also running video cables from my time warner cable box to the TV.

I'm then running an optical cable from my DVD to the Denon and another optical from the cable box to the Denon.

My DVD works fine. My problem is that my TV doesn't have sound.

So under my "digitial in" setup, I have the option to configure the following "TV, DVD, DBS, VDP, V.AUX, VCR, CD". For my DVD player I'm running an optical cable to the receiver so I configured the "digital in" to read "optical". Under the "digital in" menu, which of the 7 options stated above refers to the cable box ""TV, DVD, DBS, VDP, V.AUX, VCR, CD".

Also, I'd like to have the setup so my TV has sound and if I want to have the denon working the sound of the TV, I can as well. Right now, the TV doesn't have sound. Do I need to connect the audio cables from the time warner box to the TV?

Thanks so much!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Yes, along with the optical from the box, to the receiver, also run red & white audio cables from box to tv (audio inputs for the video input you used). If you want to watch tv, without surround, use your tv remote for volume (or cable remote, if it's been programmed), with receiver off. Leave volume off or down, on tv speakers, and use A/V receiver for surround.

I don't listen to tv speakers, so I've not hooked up this way. But it should work fine.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gencumd
Recent bookmarks