What's new

denon 2802 to yamaha rx-v2400 upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I have a denon 2802 powering axiom m60ti fronts and 150 center. Then i have yamaha speakers for the rears. Soon my rears will be upgraded to axiom audio but that is a different story. What i am wondering is if the upgrade is worth it. Including the dolby pro logic IIx. I watch quite a bit of regular tv and put it through the stereo. My use is pretty much 50/50 ht and music. Just seeing if you guys believe that the upgrade is worth the money.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The upgrade would probably be worth it (assuming you can get atleast $250 out of your 2802 and get the 2400 for around $700 online) for more than just the DPLIIx. 7.1 amplificatoin, component video up-conversion, YPAO, more power, etc...

One thing to keep in mind is that if you're in the US the 2400s out right now don't have DPLIIx, just DPLII. They are offering a free upgrade but it requires the unit to be mailed to Yamaha at your cost, but they cover the shipping fee back to you... so if you buy a US model now and want DPLIIx, expect to be w/out the receiver for atleast a few weeks.

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
yeah i can get $300 for my 2802. I wont get the receiver till after christmas and by that time yamaha should be selling the ones with pro logic IIx already on them so then i wouldnt have to ship it to them for the upgrade.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks