What's new

Denon 2802 and Bass Managment for SACD / DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Raman_K

Auditioning
I have a Denon 2802 receiver, and am about to go in for a suitable "universal" (i.e. DVD/CD/SACD/DVD-A or any affordable combo thereof ;) ) player.

Most of the cheaper players out there do not do adequate bass management. Does the Denon 2802 perform BM for the 5.1 analog inputs allocated for DVD-Audio / SACD?

If not, I guess I'll have to wait for the new Pioneer DV-563A ...:frowning:

Thx (in advance)

kevitra

Second Unit
One word: No.

Almost none of the current receivers do analog bass manangement.

You could purchase an Outlaw ICBM to do your analog bass management.

Raman_K

Auditioning
You could purchase an Outlaw ICBM to do your analog bass management.
Thanks, but I think I'll wait and see how the Pioneer DV-563A performs. However, I know that I may soon lose my patience, and I've heard great things about the Outlaw product line .... ;)

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I've been running an Outlaw ICBM between my receiver and 5 channel amp since the ICBM 1st came out. It works very well in my setup and would think it would work very well for you too.

The only thing to keep in mind is that you would want to do the channel level matching from the receiver on the 2802's Ext In, not from the player's output. This will allow the ICBM's bass management to have equal in-coming signal levels to distribute to the subwoofer. This will give you the best sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks